Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite way to prepare the ducks you've taken? A friend of mine filets out the breast, then wraps each piece in strips of thick cut bacon held in place with tooth picks. Then he puts them on the grill over high heat, turning them once until the bacon is crispy, and almost ready to break apart. The breasts stay moist, and the bacon imparts a nice complimentary flavor to the duck. mmm mmm good. :drool:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Pluck em, gut em, throw em in the slow cooker with mushrooms and onions, wait 6-8hours and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I like to pluck and gut the Redheads and throw them in a Roaster with spices, onions, garlic and some citrus juice like orange or pink grapefruit. Roast for couple hours and enjoy. Mallards don't even come close to the Redheads for roasting. My Mallards are either used for jerky or soup.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
I like using garlic salt or seasoning salt and roasted red pepper.... I will sometimes use garlic plus as well...

·
Registered
445 Posts
With a prime late season duck like a mallard or cavasback, rub the outside of the duck with a light coating of maple syrup. Over this dust combination of cinnamon and brown sugar. Depending on size bake uncovered at 375 for about 45 minutes, then turn the oven to broil and cook for the last 15 - 20 minutes. This will crisp up the skin and caramelize the cinnamon and sugar. The combination of maple syrup, cinnamon, and sugar give nice sweetness to the breast meat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts