Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm planning on shooting the new World record whitetail this coming season.....what should I do right after he's down.......

·
Registered
146 Posts
bigolebuck said:
So I'm planning on shooting the new World record whitetail this coming season
Hey! I'm planning the same thing! :lmao:

Seriously, tag it and take pictures of it with you and your tag...that way there is solid evidence that it is your deer if it was to come into question at any point.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Pinch yourself to make sure you're not dreaming, then, do it again. Tag it. Take a hundred more photos than u think you'll need. Have a smoke...or two...Get your breathing and heartbeat back to normal...call all your buddies...call your wife...After your buddies show up, let them field dress it and drag it out for you...then, after you get it home, hang it up,pick up your knife and skin and cape it. Then off to deeker's for the taxidermy order...then to the butcher shop for processing...see...real simple. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Buy your tag, it'll be worth it after the news gets out, kidding, tag and photograph it, lots of pictures, you in everyone. Picture of you with the buck and that days news paper....

·
Registered
56 Posts
bigolebuck said:
So I'm planning on shooting the new World record whitetail this coming season.....what should I do right after he's down.......
hey i was planning that too ,pics pics and you got it more pics ,then its kissin babies & shakin hands

·
Registered
396 Posts
Notch your tag,Take alot of pics and like said above get a picture with the days paper,and or the time.And then Celebrate!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
After he is tagged, pour youself a double Wiser's and savor the moment. On second thought phone me up and pour a couple of or doubles. If I get him before you do I'll do the same. Good luck.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Tag em. Get witnesses and DO NOT LET anyone else get pictures of the animal. These pictures are worth lots if you mantain exclusive rights. Make sure you have your story straight. Consult with Milo Hanson from Biggar Sask. as what to do. You may want to stay away from big buck nights, beacause of the picture rights issue. Find a safe place to keep it and trust no one. Big bucks have disappeared from taxidermists before. Be prepared for people wanting to congradulate you and some that want to condem you. You will get lots of offers to sell, so you better know the law and or a price. It is worth a lot less after you have it scored. Do nothing until you are sure that you are doing the right thing. etc etc.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was reading somewhere that Milo Hanson was hiding his in a grain bin after he shot it,he was so afraid of getting it stolen.I guess he did quite a bit of money with his just showing it in hunting show and all that.I would never sell anything like that if i shoot one .no matter what price.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Don't skin it yourself, let the world's best taxidermists fight over the chance to do a full body mount for you and your famous buck, and demand it look perfect. :D

But it's all moot, your buck can only be second to mine! :lol:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Get witnesses, maybe throw Andre or Chris a PM so a CO can come verify that it was taking legally... There is unfortunately a lot of jealous hunters out there that would dirt you over it!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
How's your integrity? Don't forget to notify the makers of every hunting product you've ever used and maybe even some you haven't used but was planning to. :D They'll all be throwing money at you to have you endorse their products. All you have to do is tell people that you couldn't have killed it without that certain product. :lmao: Cha ching

·
Registered
63 Posts
i heard of someone in beausejour that at the time i believe was the manitoba #2 a couple years ago dont know how much its all changed but they kept it in the safe at the bank till it was sold lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know a guy that killed a 250 plus non typical and was offered 40k for it. He didn't take the money and I have a pic of me holding the mount in my parents kitchen.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
thepatriot said:
I know a guy that killed a 250 plus non typical and was offered 40k for it. He didn't take the money and I have a pic of me holding the mount in my parents kitchen.
:pictures: :pictures: :pictures: Please.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts