Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and a 4 friends will be heading up north in February for the winter Caribou hunt. we stood in line and got our tags for the first time in June and now are looking at getting things ready. as we'll be hunting/living in the bush for a few days in Feb we were looking at getting a wall tent with a wood stove for the cold -30 nights.

just wondering if any one has a wall tent they are looking to sell or even rent for a week. as there will be 5 of us we were thinking a 12x16 or 14x16 would be best. we've been keeping an eye out (kijiji, craigs list) but those things are a dime a dozen in manitoba.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sorry,but dont have one for sale,or( I dont think my brothers would want to lend our 2 out),but just a word of advice would bring a couple insulated tarps to throw over your top of the tent after it's set up,not only holds the heat in better,but more importantly it stops frost from building on your ceiling,and then dripping water everywhere(like your bedding) we learnt the hard way :(.....but can say we've been using the tents since 1986,and absolutely love it.A bit of work to set up,but oh so dam cozy,and warm once you are set up...enjoy,and goodluck hunting!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the heads up about the tarps. i had heard that a few times before and was already thinking of bringing a tarp along.

but now that you say insulated tarp i see how that would probably be a better idea.

thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts