Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wondering if anyone else's dog is lazy in this heat?

My 4 month old Chessie was doing good, had him doing double retrieves when he was 3 1/2 months and now he is just lazy...

He will fetch a couple bumpers then wants to go lay down and chew on them.. When he is going for the bumper and coming back with the bumper he drags his ass.....

Thanks, Shane

·
Registered
869 Posts
Eh, I got two black labs and one usually just goes in her kidy pool when she gets hot, the other however is like your dog, Not really feeling this heat. Sits in the shade with her tennis ball instead of bringing it to me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took him out to the water lastnight and he did good.... He wanted to keep going but the bugs were crazy....

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
My lab is at his retrieving enthusiasm best first thing in the morning. He's so excited, listens beautifully and full of energy. He'll bring a training dummy to me at any time of the day but he gets pretty slow after a couple throws. I don't bother with training during this heat.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
One day I will have my German short hair or my chocolate lab... been thinking bout trying to train my jack russell to hunt chickens but he has such a short attention span!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Patty said:
One day I will have my German short hair or my chocolate lab... been thinking bout trying to train my jack russell to hunt chickens but he has such a short attention span!!!
Too funny!!! Of the jack russell's I know, just the thought of taking them hunting makes me laugh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts