Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that most archery hunters today carry their arrows on a bow mounted holder. However I still see some hunters still use the old style belt quiver, and others using a back quiver. Which style do you use?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I use a bow mounted 6 arrow quiver. I usually take it off my bow when i get to my stand. I don't like a hip or back quiver, for the simple fact that if you are walking through the bush, your arrows rub against trees.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a bow mounted quiver also, but find myself taking it off as soon as I'm in the stand . Thinking of switching to something I can throw on my back.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yeah bow mounted... I take mine off in the tree and when practicing too... they are getting lighter but the added weight still has some effect on the bow...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like the quick-release bow mounted quivers. As others stated, when it's loaded up, they can really torque you to one side. But it's really easy to just take it off when you get setup wherever you're hunting. I use FMJ arrows so when the quiver's loaded the thing really adds a lot of weight!

Nick

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Check out the tight spot quiver, Little Pricey but mounts tighter to the bow and all the arrow holders are adjustable to fit any size arrow...

·
Registered
32 Posts
NLaferriere said:
I like the quick-release bow mounted quivers. As others stated, when it's loaded up, they can really torque you to one side. But it's really easy to just take it off when you get setup wherever you're hunting. I use FMJ arrows so when the quiver's loaded the thing really adds a lot of weight!

Nick
Anyone know how much it torques the arrows over? I sighted my bow with the quiver on and then realized that my quiver was making some noise so I removed it in the stand. Wondering if that's going to mess me up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
bow mounted, remove when i get into my stand. I've also sighted it in and used to shoot with it on, and had no issues but I wonder if it was because I always sighted it with a full quiver too? Even over greater distance I never noticed it torquing over to that side.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Definitely bow mounted, and I take it off when I find the spot I want to hunt. I slip an extra arrow out of it to and have it handy, just in case I need it quick.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
160Class said:
NLaferriere said:

Nick
Anyone know how much it torques the arrows over? I sighted my bow with the quiver on and then realized that my quiver was making some noise so I removed it in the stand. Wondering if that's going to mess me up.
Best thing to do is shoot it with it on and off and see if there is a point of impact change... I seem to notice a difference in mine with it on...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts