Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda like where's Waldo......has anybody seen Fluffy out and about yet ? :moose:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Nope, so far everything I've shot at after dark out the truck window has turned out to be a real animal! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clawj said:
Nope, so far everything I've shot at after dark out the truck window has turned out to be a real animal! :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol......Good one.......... :lmao:

I was just wondering if anyone had actually spotted Fluffy working...........I don't really care where it is..........just as long as its out there doing its thing.....

·
Registered
331 Posts
I know a person in town that shot fluffy about ten years ago with a muzzle load rifle out of his truck , he said as soon as he pulled the trigger he knew something was wrong, there was three warden trucks zoomed right in on him faster than he could pull his rifle back into the truck, he had to laugh at himself, it was the best shot he ever made, i guess everybody knows what happened next , court days , hunting privileges, gun, big fine, the works .

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RIVIR said:
I know a person in town that shot fluffy about ten years ago with a muzzle load rifle out of his truck , he said as soon as he pulled the trigger he knew something was wrong, there was three warden trucks zoomed right in on him faster than he could pull his rifle back into the truck, he had to laugh at himself, it was the best shot he ever made, i guess everybody knows what happened next , court days , hunting privileges, gun, big fine, the works .

I understand it is quite a process when poor ole Fluffy gets perforated !!!! :oops:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Never seen him as I hunt in the bush all day.I would love to see more decoys used in my area as I have come across more then one gut pile in the ditch over the last few years.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree, it would be nice to have more decoys out. We have one piece of private property that is adjacent to a gravel road, and there are always idiots driving back and forth. I often sit in the hedgerow that separates a couple of fields and ends up near the road, and when I stand up they take off mighty quick. If only :shotgun: tires out were not illegal.. lol.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes we need more Fluffys out there,, theres lots of crown land close to roads that CO's could get all set up a head of time, and i know there is private land that landowners wouldnt mind either

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have seen fluffy this year confirmed by someone else seeing it in the same spot a week later. Problem is i dont want to give out his location as there is alot of people who read this forum, and fluffy would be less effective in my eyes

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dkuczek said:
I have seen fluffy this year confirmed by someone else seeing it in the same spot a week later. Problem is i dont want to give out his location as there is alot of people who read this forum, and fluffy would be less effective in my eyes

I would agree. I was just wondering how many times it was seen........not where.......and.......I know it moves occasionally so its a moot point of where it was seen at any given time ( although, that could backfire on someone as well ) !!

Thanks................

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe the thought of fluffy keeps some hunters honest. U r driving down a road and there is a big buck just inside the bush line. U think hmmm I should shoot that. Then naw it's fluffy and drive away. I know a guy who shot fluffy. It was on the fence line against the property he had permission. Funny part was he seen it there the day before lol.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gapaton said:
I believe the thought of fluffy keeps some hunters honest. U r driving down a road and there is a big buck just inside the bush line. U think hmmm I should shoot that. Then naw it's fluffy and drive away. I know a guy who shot fluffy. It was on the fence line against the property he had permission. Funny part was he seen it there the day before lol.

I guess when "they" say its to good to be true, it usually is !! :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
I hope that the members who are having issues with poachers are calling their local officer to report the violations. No doubt that we would like to use this kind of resource as often as we can but there are strict conditions on where, when and why. We need complaints to answer those questions!

·
Registered
736 Posts
I know a guy who shot fluffy a few yearsd back near Grandview area.....pretty embarassed about it all.

- I think the NRO's have a hard time finding private land owners to put the "fluffy" on in certain areas, because most back country boys know all the land owners in the area, and if caught shooting fluff, the back country boys may return at a later date to seek their own retaliation.

Sad day and age, but most good people don't want to be involved in helping the law, because it could come back to bite them in the arse.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Oldunclehue said:
I think the NRO's have a hard time finding private land owners to put the "fluffy" on in certain areas, because most back country boys know all the land owners in the area, and if caught shooting fluff, the back country boys may return at a later date to seek their own retaliation.

Sad day and age, but most good people don't want to be involved in helping the law, because it could come back to bite them in the arse.
BINGO

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have no problem what so ever turning in impaired drivers, poachers, M.P.I. fraudsters or the like. Retaliation - ......well, some of us are quite capable of taking care of ourselves........if we don't start standing up for ourselves, who will ??

I.M. H.O. if we are not part of the solution, we are part of the problem !!!

·
Registered
736 Posts
bulldog007 said:
I have no problem what so ever turning in impaired drivers, poachers, M.P.I. fraudsters or the like. Retaliation - ......well, some of us are quite capable of taking care of ourselves........if we don't start standing up for ourselves, who will ??

I.M. H.O. if we are not part of the solution, we are part of the problem !!!

Oh much agreed as I work in law enforcement....but I am just seeing more and more people not wanting their names attached to helping the law, not that they support breaking it or want to purposely not help police....

but imagine this about a landowner/farmer who allows fluffy on his land, some nut job road hunter from the community pops it....

Now the landowner/farmer has to worry about nut job coming around to do something to him, his house, his land, his animals, his vehicles...whatever it is. Most people seem to not want the hassle, to really get nothing for themselves out of it....

But poachers, impaired, fraudsters...they all deserve to be caught and reported....but not many people sign up to allow their property to catch those who break the law.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts