Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first huntin rifle (a vangars series 2 in .270), and now I need to sight it in but I can't find a place to do it. I hear that there is a quary in the sandy lands that you can go to. If anyone can give me a hand with a location it would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
I understand the Selkirk Game and Fish have a range in East Selkirk.
I feel a little hypocritical with this answer because as a farmer I have property of my own to shoot on safely, so I have never been to a range.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Reynolds Ponds, Sedons Corner, Sandilands, are popular places to go and easy to get to by car. They are all about the same from the city. If you need more info let me know. I'm probably gonna head out to Reynolds on Sunday.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Join a gun club that has a range. It will be closer to the city and what you save in gas driving out to some remote gravel pit will likely pay for your yearly membership and then some. Plus it gives you the benefit of belonging to a club that is likely associated with the Mb Wildlife Fed.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Join a gun club that has a range. It will be closer to the city and what you save in gas driving out to some remote gravel pit will likely pay for your yearly membership and then some. Plus it gives you the benefit of belonging to a club that is likely associated with the Mb Wildlife Fed.
Great advice..............!!:bowdown:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Get a membership with Selkirk Game and Fish. Range is close to the city - there's a 200 yard rifle range plus a small shotgun range and two handgun ranges (you can shoot .22 rifles on the handgun range too).

You automatically become an affiliated member of the MWF and get liability insurance. There's a club in Seven Sisters with a longer range if that's closer to you .

·
Registered
85 Posts
sighting in

Yes i agree, selkirk has a 200 yrd range, st hubertius a mile further also has a 200 yrd range,7 sisters has a 500 yrd range,teulon etc. like was already said for the amount you spend on gas looking for a maybe spot, these clubs are legal(some areas you think you can shoot you cannot, the rcmp are not foregiving)check the phone book for fish and game clubs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.