Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of reloader do you prefer...a progressive or single stage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use a Dillon model 450. For my rifles I use a Dillon electronic scale and I weigh each bullet and powder charge and use it as a single stage. For my handgun I use it as a progressive press.

Jack

·
Registered
165 Posts
I only reload for rifle so I use single stage. Plus its hard to justify to the wife going out and buying a new rig hahaha

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Single stage for me too although there have been some long sessions where I question that.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Single stage. Wouldn't say its a preference, but its what I have. I would like to get a automated powder thrower/trickler with a scale. Would really speed things up, but they're close to 5 bills.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Single stage. I had a Lee 3 hole turret for a while, but didn't like the amount of movement in it. I only reload for .243 now so it is no big deal. When I loaded for 3 .22-250's, 2 .243's, a .30-30 and a 8mm, I was always looking for ways of speeding it up. It is a good hobby.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
two single stages side by side - one for resizing, the other for bullet seating (lee c-press) - saves a bit of time and money this way!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have 2 single stage presses. A Chrusher II for case forming and sizing and an O-mag for seating. I like the extra throat length for the long H&H and Rum cases.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts