Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would see what evrybody else out there is shooting...

I shoot a Bear Assault 70lb 28" draw... Easton Axis Arrows tipped with rage 100gr 2 blades, Tight spot quiver, Spot hog Zero travel release, Whisker Biscuit rest, AMP 5 pin sight, Doinker 6" stabilizer...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I started shooting a bow in 1971. It was a steel, take down longbow with a 90# draw. Then the following year my girlfriend gave me a Browning recurve with a 50# draw. It was a beautiful looking bow, but was very short, and difficult to draw because I have long arms. A few years later, I bought an Oneida Eagle that I set at 65#. That was a great bow...in spite of the fact that it was a very unforgiving bow...which actually was a good thing, because it forced me to develop perfect shooting form. I took many deer and a couple of black bear with it, but I also took several turkey at 100 yards with it. Ten years ago, I had to give up archery due to a torn rotator cuff. Now I'm thinking of turning to a cross bow.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hoyt Maxxis 31 set at 64# Spot Hogg site Doinker stabilizer Easton FMJ 4oo arrows and a ultra rest drop away arrow rest.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you like the ultra rest??? Thinking about going to a fall away but there are so many to choose from... :?:

·
Registered
557 Posts
APA Mamba 6.5, APA rest, APA quiver, slick tricks, cabelas Stalker extreme arrows, Fletcher insider release. I have a Martin and Alpine as back up bows but will probably sell one or both this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got serious last year and picked up a Hoyt Alphaburner 60# with a 29" draw. "Charlotte", smokes 'n' pokes!
Can confidently shoot targets at 60 yards, and am very comfortable at 30 yards for hunting purposes.

Slapped on a Cobra 5-pin sight, Vaportrail drop-away rest, and a Beast release. I'm shooting Full Metal Jacket arrows.

Nick

·
Registered
147 Posts
So far I am super happy with my 2009 Martin Cheetah 29" draw and it is set about 65 lbs. I just bought the hunting ready package from Heights, so basic whisker biscuit rest and cheap site. Muzzy 100 gr. broadheads and Easton proflight arrows.

I think I will upgrade the site in the near future, something more visable in low light.

Reactions: Patty

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought my GF a Martin panther and its a sweet little bow... nice and compact, very forgiving and accurate...

NL that is a sweet rig man!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
2008 Ross Cardiac 70Lbs, QAD pro HD, Sims modular stab, Copper john dead nutz 2 sight, Scott Sabertooth release, G5 Meta peep, beman arrows with ONESTRINGER arrow wraps topped with Slick Tricks or GT2's and RIDGERUNNER sling

I will try and find a pic of it to post

·
Registered
159 Posts
Diamond Outlaw w/ RAK pkg.
29" draw
60 lb.
Easton ST Epic carbon Arrows
100gr. Steel Force Phat Heads
Also forgiving and pretty accurate.

thanks to the guys at Heights. ;)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sweet rig!!!

Yeah the guys at the heights are pretty good to deal with... I really like how they talk you out of some of the expensive Gimmickry thats out there and only sell ya what you need, in my experience anyway...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ya, I hear ya Patty. My son and I must have tried 8 different bows each at Heights over a couple of weeks. Then I heard about the diamond bows on line and Cabelas had them in their flyer. Went to Cabelas shot the bow and we both fell in love with it. So we went back to heights and even though they didn't deal with the Diamond brand, Ron ordered them for us. I figured that it was the right thing to do, considering all that they had done for us for that 2 week period. Ron and Jason were really great to work with.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Just pulled out my old darton bow yesterday, bought it in 98.
Haven't bow hunted in 5 or six years, figured if I only get one general tag for deer I'll try the bow again

1 - 20 of 63 Posts