Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of the big game species we have here or around the world what have you shot. I have never hunted outside of Manitoba and I have only taken moose and white tail deer. To that list some day I would like to add elk, bear and wolf. 649 could change that list of course.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Re: What have you shotto add mooo

Only in MB for me as well... Whitetail and bear for me... Coyotes and foxes and hopefully maybe a big bad wolf will show up at my gut pile tomorrow morning!!! I would like to add moose, elk, and caribou to that list in the near future!!!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
In North America:
Whitetail and Mule Deer
Quebec-Labrador Caribou
Pronghorn
Black Bear
Red and Gray Fox
Coyotes
Dall Sheep
Ducks, Geese, Pheasants, Grouse, Turkey, Doves and Ptarmigan
Woodchucks and Prarie Dogs

In Asia:
Wild Boar

In Africa:
16 different species of Plains Game Antelope
Giraffe
Burchell and Mountain Zebra
Warthog
Cape Buffalo
Ducks, Geese, Guinea Fowl, Sand Grouse, Frankolin, Doves and Wild Pigeons

·
Registered
396 Posts
I only hunted Manitoba and shot plenty of whitetail and a cow elk,I would love to get drawn for elk again and go on a moose hunt.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
ldb pikester said:
Mr. Riggs wow. wow and wow. It was you that I thought of when I asked that question. The rest of us are dust.
I was indeed fortunate in that I've been able to do so much hunting. However, there was a trade-off. My wife and I were unable to have children. We both were lucky enough to have good paying jobs for a number of years, so the money that would have been spent on raising and educating children, went into vacations for the two of us. So, yea, I got to hunt a lot, but I never got to know the joy of seeing your children be born, grow, and develope into adults, and provide the joy that only they can bring to their parents. So, I ask...who is luckier?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Riggs said:
In North America:
Whitetail and Mule Deer
Quebec-Labrador Caribou
Pronghorn
Black Bear
Red and Gray Fox
Coyotes
Dall Sheep
Ducks, Geese, Pheasants, Grouse, Turkey, Doves and Ptarmigan
Woodchucks and Prarie Dogs

In Asia:
Wild Boar

In Africa:
16 different species of Plains Game Antelope
Giraffe
Burchell and Mountain Zebra
Warthog
Cape Buffalo
Ducks, Geese, Guinea Fowl, Sand Grouse, Doves and Wild Pigeons
So you found Noah's ark and went on a shooting spree?!!

I knew you'd done a lot of hunting but to see it on a list is pretty impressive!
(PS please tell me the doves were at a wedding!)

More seriously sorry to hear about what you feel like you've missed out on, but life is definitely about trade-offs I suppose. Having just gone to my 18 year old cousins funeral... at least you didn't have to have a loss like that.

Oh and back on topic - for me it's Manitoba only as well. Grouse, white tail and a bear.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Regarding the doves...sorry to disappoint you, but we have an open season on them...from Sept. 1, through the 30th. Limit is 12 a day, and the farmers welcome dove hunters because they eat a lot of the farmer's grain crops. Dove are excellent table fare...baked breasts, served with wild rice, and a blackberry sauce.

The African game animals were spaced out on 7 trips, over a period of almost 20 years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Deer, coyote,fox,bear,quebec/labrador caribou,pronghorn,turkey.

One of my friend would have a quite impressive list. He just added an asian Ibex this week.
His wife called tonight to say he was on the way home. He should be here tomorrow night.
I can't remember it all. but it goes something like this
Deer, moose,black bear,grizzly,turkey,dall sheep,elk,cougar,coyotes,kudu,gemsbok,impala,warthog,bushbuck,asian ibex,pronghorn...
His trophy room is awesome! His taxidermist really likes him.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow what impressive lists I feel very small next to that. Oh yes and coldmaker can you take it easy, for a few more weeks so that I can get some outside stuff done, before your buddy, jack frost takes over. :lol:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I think the Marco Polo is the most expensive animal in the world to hunt.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Elephant . Not really but wanted to have the biggest and baddest. LOL :lol:

Quite the list a couple of you have . Wow . I've just done the basic ones ,moose ,deer, bear ,wolf and small game and waterfowl and critters I trap .

But I have seen an elephant before but only petted him . Does that count ? :lmao:

TD

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great list too Trapper, I'll count your elephant if you count me saying high to pretty ladies as getting lucky. Good enough for me. :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
ldb pikester said:
Great list too Trapper, I'll count your elephant if you count me saying high to pretty ladies as getting lucky. Good enough for me. :lol:
:lmao: Pikestar too funny , touche' . good one :lol:

TD

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
ldb pikester said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Great reply!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts