Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to share a little excitement. Looks like yall folks will have a few visitors from Texas next fall. I locked in some dates and we will be driving up on September 22 and getting back home on October 13. All in we should have about 16 days with you guys. We each have a different critters on our want list but those seem to be the best dates to have everything in season.

Lots of research between now and then to try an plan the trip and figure out the details but I cant begin to express how excited I am about my first of hopefully many Canadian trips.

I will check in with the details as I get them and look for feedback.

:moose:

Thanks yall

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
I don't know what kind of critters you plan on hunting in Manitoba next fall but in case you didn't know if it's big game that you're after, you have to book with licensed outfitters. Foreign hunters can't buy big game licenses over the counter and free lance. You can fish and hunt waterfowl or upland game birds on your own but not big game.

If Flin Flon is your destination, the only big game that you'd be hunting anywhere near there might be black bear and moose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yessir, we as a group have all that covered. I dont know the details but the guy were meeting up with lives in or near Flin Flon and owns a charter to go north. I am still working out the particulars and I know the least about the details but I have done a little research about the regulations concerning foreign residents, passed them on, and been assured that everything is a go.

I know that ^^^ sounds a bit isketchy but the way it works is: Me and a friend just started up a website similar to this one down here in Texas. www.lonestarwild.com My partner made a contact with a guy in or near Flin Flon and he is working out the particulars with him.

The guy he is dealing with is an outfitter and has assured us that given the amount of time we plan to spend there he can put us on oppurtunity to harvest any species available to foriegners that we choose to take. My plans are to take a moose, caribou, and a wolf is possible. My partner is looking to take a moose and a caribou. I have a copy of the Manitoba hunting guide saved to my phone and I have been reading through it as time allows. From what I have researched and the information you folks have shared it seems like we are going to have our best chance for moose near flin flon and the guy there either has or has access to a charter to take us farther up north to get on a caribou and a wolf which he says will be no problem.

I have a lot of learning to do before we make the trip, I can assure you know I will ask some dumb questions but bear with me its all in good intent.

In the meantime our whitetail archery season started last weekend, rifle season starts Nov 3rd. If no one had any issues with it I would like to share my succeses with you folks. Who knows maybe some of yall will make it down to Texas someday and get on a legendary brush country buck. We also have some of the finest and most affordable exotic species here in Texas

Many Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
worst case scenario is this... We have a year to plan this thing out and we are driving up. If we get there and its a bust or we have been mislead there is no doubt I will be a bit dissapointed but we will survive. Some of the finest waterfowl hunting to be found lies at your feet... I have a friend in Saskatchewan that run a little place that produces some bruiser whitetail and I have made a few contacts with a couple other guys that are within a half days drive of where we plan to go. All in all, 20 days of friends, the road, and wildlife beats the heck out of 20 days at work.

·
Registered
396 Posts
LoneStarWild said:
All in all, 20 days of friends, the road, and wildlife beats the heck out of 20 days at work.
Amen to that!!! Welcome to the site and I hope your able to pursue your trip and have a great time!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts