Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Bowbender87 I think your comment is spot on, and you rightly pointed out I was flippant in my last reply. We do need to be careful about access, or we run the risk of tarnishing every hunter. As you zoom in on these maps you can see that the lines are thick and clumsy, and they do not line up perfectly due to curvature. I encourage anyone, if in doubt, find multiple sources of info before assuming the status of a piece of land.
To your point about the map dating, each of the files has a link to the source database and the date the map was last revised. Some have not been revised since the 90s.

And as a short disclaimer: these maps are not definitive reference material

·
Registered
4 Posts
so can we hunt on A/C/6b designated lands? sorry im finding the abbreviations extremely convoluted and confusing,

Like the previous comments said. You need to do more homework before knowing, some RM's will let you go and look at the taxroll for a particular property, check crown land maps, order a title from land titles etc.

I know this is all publicly available information on these files but imho this is very dangerous as there are a lot of lazy people out there who won't even bother asking if they can hunt A/C/6b etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Like the previous comments said. You need to do more homework before knowing, some RM's will let you go and look at the taxroll for a particular property, check crown land maps, order a title from land titles etc.

I know this is all publicly available information on these files but imho this is very dangerous as there are a lot of lazy people out there who won't even bother asking if they can hunt A/C/6b etc.
It wouldn't hurt to check in with the local Sustainable Development office as well. The Conservation Officers may have some information or advice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi GB,

I am looking for the source of these maps on the gov website - can you direct me to where you found them?

Thank you!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to do ALL of these maps. Ive been using them for a long time but they are in a terribly useless format. It must have been a lot of work to get these all done, so thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
ggbrown, I really appreciate that you did this. We (iHunter app) are going through all the crown land data we can get and producing a layer in the app to help identify crown land. I will be making use of your kmz (converted from kmz to mbtiles raster database) to cross reference other sources and re-code the land use classifications into more easily understandable explanations.

I will happily get you free copies of the app and Public Lands subscription once it is finished up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I decided to fix the lack of useable crown land maps. I'm building a series of overlay files in google earth from the Sustainable Development map index.

Please check it out and let me know if it works, and if you have any feedback.

Manitoba Crown Land Map Overlays - Google Drive
Do you have one for the RM of West Interlake? I don't see in the Google Drive.

Also, when I go to the Manitoba Gov page you reference, Province of Manitoba | Conservation and Climate, I don't see any maps there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I saw in another reply you mentioned that RM of West Interlake is unavailable. To bad.

Thanks for all your work on this. These are amazing!

Contact CanadaMapSales.com ... they have landowner maps for that area:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts