Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i'm gonna try setting my cams higher too this year. I have tons of pics of does and bucks looking right into the cam. I'm also going to be setting more of my trail cams to video mode.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Pretty interesting, who would have thought that using a trail cam to get info and to increase your odds out in the field could actually in reality be spooking deer. Guess I'll go higher this season and use video mode more.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
That is great info. Hopefully setting them higher up will also make them more bear proof. May have to take a small ladder in to set them up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is everyone using for Trail Cams these days... I have a Moultree with the retina burning flash...

There are SO many knew models out there... invisi-flash etc etc.

Which one do I buy next??

Thanks in advance,
:recon:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been using the infa-red Tasco brand of trail cams the last few seasons. They have worked good for me. They are made by Bushnell and just has the Tasco name on them.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Bushnell Black Flash model 466. Takes 720p video with sound as well as great pictures. There is a model that takes 1080p but I hear the trigger speed is slower.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Great find and very educational.........Thanks for sharing !!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I was using an older ( the size of a small truck ) Moultrie and it gave up the ghost this spring. I bought a couple of M100 GameSpy Digital Cams and they will be installed soon. If anything interesting shows up, I will most certainly be sharing.

:pictures:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts