Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traditions E-bolt 209 inline muzzle loader with 4X Bushnell Banner Scope. Purchased new maybe 6 years ago, its taken a good number of deer. I have always cleaned and oiled this gun and the rifling shines and there is no rust. The scope has some carbon on the outside of the main tube but it is just cosmetic. This is a great starter gun for someone wanting to give muzzle loading a try. $150. Gun can be seen both in Winnipeg and Southern Manitoba (Morris area).

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't want to spend a fortune on my first muzzle loader and I have no regrets with it. I have had my new T/C Triumph now for a week and can't wait to try it out. I am going to try Blackhorn 209. Never used it but it sounds almost too good to be true. Almost want to use it on my Tradition to see how it would shoot.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It would not be recomended on the E-bolt as the breach plug design is the spring type and they specify right on the bottle not to use Blackhorn 209 with that style

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
My brothers E-bolt will outshoot 99% of all the muzzleloaders out there... Its incredible how accurate it is...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No complaints with it. I am intrigued by the reviews of the newer muzzle loaders. I want to put the T/C through its paces with the Blackhorn 209. it appears that it is a very good combination. Can't wait.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Patty said:
My brothers E-bolt will outshoot 99% of all the muzzleloaders out there... Its incredible how accurate it is...
X2 father in-law has 2 of them... beats my Pursuit LT, but i can shoot Blackhorn!

Tikka72 you'll love that gun/powder combo... my buddy is using it and says its giving him excellent groups, with a 250gr SST bullet

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats my goal. Tight groups. And dead deer. I was recommended the T/C Shockwaves so that is what I bought. Still haven't put any bullets through it but that should change this weekend. Thanks for the SST advice. Its always good knowing what combinations work well.

·
Registered
295 Posts
but anyway, I already have a m/l and the wife won't approve of more just yet, i also don't mean to hijack the thread... anyone looking at this gun should really consider it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have already told my buddy this is a great deal I am hoping that he goes for it. sent him the contact info yesterday he didn't get it until late last night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts