Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the torque specs for a Tikka T3 S/S stock bolts? They do not give that in the manual even though they recommend taking the stock off to do trigger adjustments.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yes 35-40lbs is what I was told as well... Is it a newer one??? The 243 i have says to take it off as well but i didn't have any Problems adjusting it with it on... I'm assuming its a SS synthetic??? I'm not sure if the torque specs would be different on a laminate stock...

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That seems like an awful lot. Foot-pounds or inch-pounds? It is a synthetic. I had the stock off to try to adjust the creep out of the single set trigger on the 22-250. I have heard with some brands that you should torque one bolt first as well.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Inch pounds, sorry shoulda been more specific there... Havent heard about torqing one first... Were you able to get some creep out???

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Slight improvement. If you adjust it too far the trigger will not work properly, so it is a fine line getting it to where it's best. The normal trigger is better in that respect. That set trigger is a nice piece of work on the range though, 7-9 ounces. The normal trigger can be set down to 2 lbs I believe. It's gonna be a great coyote gun. I am loading up some fine tuning loads today. As soon as the monsoon passes I'll try to get some range time in. If it's not wind, it's rain. :x

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yeah The one My GF shoots is a .243 backed of to 2.5lbs and its a dream to shoot, very nice handling and exteremly accurate!!! The smoothest bolt i've ever cycled!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts