Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's really pathetic that someone (most likely another hunter) trespassed on my hunting property and stole a hunting blind and TC .... Really really nice!! Hope your proud of yourself and know that all my gear is marked and you have possession of it when I find you ....

Keep in mind that Trespass and Theft charges will be laid. I will find out who you are ... And it will give me great pleasure to ensure I follow through on my promise !!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
256 Posts
Aside from not having the time to really commit to hunting, this is why I'm leary of investing in trail cameras or stands. Especially since I would only be hunting on public property.

PS I hope you do nab the POS.

·
Registered
557 Posts
There are a lot of fanatical anti hunters that may have done it too, but likely you're right and it was other hunters. That sucks man , odds are you'll never get them back. I hate leaving my stuff out there too, even on private property. Private property means diddly squat to a lot of people that call themselves hunters unfortunately. Out of curiosity are you going to replace the stuff and put it back out or has this deterred you at all?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anything is a possibility but I can't see anti's being where I hunt ... I hear too many stories that relate to mine and it's sad !!!

I won't let this deter me, I will just learn from the experience and move on. I have the resources on my side to try and figure this out so I will be patient and try to figure it out !!!

Keep fingers crossed

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. What balls to not only trespass, but then steal to boot. Where the heck does this idiot plan on using your gear? I've been fortunate to date and have not lost a stand or trail cam and my set ups have been on public land the last few years. I think mostly no one wants to venture where I do. I'm sure the time will come when I lose a setup.

I wonder with your gear being in an agricultural area, if its more visible and tempting? Just a thought.

Here's hoping you recover your gear and the A-holes who stole it are found.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Pretty low of some people to take others hard earned gear... I wish you luck in getting your stuff back!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yep that sounds like what would happen now of days, that's why I don't I trust leaving my things any more :( I know a lot of farms just tell me to leave my decoys up and such, but im like no thats at least $1000 dollars if someone takes them. Sorry for your lost, I hate that so much, that is also why if we do leave stuff up, other my self or someone I know will is always driving by and checking up on the stuff, but like I said I don't leave my stuff out any more to offten

·
Registered
869 Posts
Watched someone steal my ground blind last year, (That's right, I said watched) , I dumped by ground blind in it's bag about 20 yards off the trail along with my stool because I wanted to go for a walk, Gone for an hour or so, come back, roughly 500 yards from where I dumped my stool, some idiot grabs it, gets in truck and drives away, I've had the pleasure of meeting a few people on this forum, I'd like to think I'm a very easy going person, However in this instant I pretty much blew a gasket, I cover ALOT of bush every year and always run into people's stuff, the worse thing I've done is sit in someone else's treestand when I was 15 years old.
I was not impressed, for one thing I had my truck parked at the entrance of this trail along with my dad's friend, second, the bush in there is SUPER tight, He plowed through a bunch of buckbrush to get in there. All my muzzle and rifle hunting, (On average 18 days a year) has been hunted on crown and this is really the first major issue I've had with someone, The fact that they stole from you while on private land is even worse :iams: I think what's worse is knowing that it is other hunters potentially screwing you over.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Need one of those new cams that send a picture to your phone everytime they take one... They may still steal it but at least you'd have some picture evidence against them!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm with JetsOrBust. I'm leary of leaving anything of value out in the field. I Archery hunt on private propery and I still will not leave anything there. Especially after someone stole my 5 gallon pail that I used to sit on. I mean, it's only a 5 gallon pail, but Really. So I know that people are trespassing on the property. I know that a trail cam would come in really handy and my success would quite likely increase, but.......

·
Registered
869 Posts
The fact this thread even exists is rather sickening lol. shouldn't have to be talking about all the gear stolen because it shouldn't be happening in the first place!!! like i said the sad part is it is probably other hunters.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bowhunter said:
Anything is a possibility but I can't see anti's being where I hunt ... I hear too many stories that relate to mine and it's sad !!!

I won't let this deter me, I will just learn from the experience and move on. I have the resources on my side to try and figure this out so I will be patient and try to figure it out !!!

Keep fingers crossed
I hope you get 'em!!! This is my first year with a trail cam. I have 2 set up, but one belongs to my brother in law. I hunt on private land, but still I can't help but wonder each night if they will still be on the trees where I hung them.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Slimchance said:
Hey Gonzago;
Is this your pail? LOL just kidding... I know this is a serious subject, but I couldn't resist.

:lmao: Now that is funny. By the way Slimchance, If you happen to see that Buck again, Tell him I want my Fricken pail back. I am getting tired of standing out in the field all day!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Had my trail cam stolen a few weeks ago, I had it set up on crown land deep in the bush set the cam up and my stand maybe 10 yards from each other. Came back 2 weeks later to bowhunt cam was gone lucky for me I had locked my stand up to the tree. I sure hope I run into this guy tomorrow when I go back

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's sad when we try to get meat on the table legally and someone comes and ruins our efforts todo this. I check my came every 2 days cause they aren't cheap and it's a tool like a mechanic uses so hope you find the guy and get your stuff back at least best of luck

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had my trail cam stolen also.It was on a small 40 acre bush right behind my father-inlaws in grosse isle mb.Just 2-day's prior to having it stolen i was sitting on the edge of a field just inside the bush and this 16 year old kid from the locaL HUTTERITE colony comes walking by.So i yelled out what the hell are you doing here walking around during muzzle loader season.Oh sorry,sorry he said.So i asked where he was walking from and he say's from the combine ,and i said i don't see no combine for miles.Get the #%^,off the property or the conservation office will be called.Just so ,he carried on,but i noticed that he was carring a back pack also.Hmmm that 's who was setting up neck snares i had also found on our private property.Just still pissed about this .I feel better now.Also these guy's have the balls to take there horses around the bush with there gun in saddle.They are worse than. COYOTES!!!!.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts