Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So fellas I got an Idea. I live east of lockport. I got trailers, full body decoys, quads, coffin blinds. I find the hardest part of this game is finding them the night before. SOOO come opening day anyone that wants to start a team to find them, then hunt them, myself and my gear are in, I'll try to find them North of Lockport. Everyone else searches there part of the city. Anyone finds them we go to that spot.

·
Registered
530 Posts
sounds like a great plan wish i was sticking around in the south for goose season i would be in. I will keep my eyes open in the pas for you :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hm I would be in but all of the property I hunt on are very limit on who and how many they let on the fields, I can try but at the moment I would say I can't, don't wanna kill my good land because the owner got mad, I have over 30 fields (well probably more), that I can get into but like I said I don't want to make them mad. I already lost 3 great fields this year due to new roads being built.

I will try to get out with you all, as long as everyone hunts safe I could get us into a field or two, it will be a lot of work but I might be able to work out a deal with some of the farmers that I know.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Thanks for your efforts. I know there wouldn't be any hard feelings...no one should feel obligated to jeopradise their land access.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope no hard feelings at all. When it comes to hunting my crew is the most secretive. One thing i got to ask. It's great to have access to all that land. But if the birds are not there the night before they are not there in the morning.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Fish Camp 24-7 said:
[quote="ChaD?":2nau6rbl]Ever heard of oak hammock? Lol
Did the hammock one season! Have to say, never competed for birds between 3 other groups on a 1/4 section before? Never been back since![/quote:2nau6rbl]
Doesn't sound right unless they were hunting illegally! OHM was always limited to 4 hunters per 1/4. Are you sure others weren't on an adjacent 1/4?

G

·
André said:
[quote="Fish Camp 24-7":2rr9gh0j][quote="ChaD?":2rr9gh0j]Ever heard of oak hammock? Lol
Did the hammock one season! Have to say, never competed for birds between 3 other groups on a 1/4 section before? Never been back since![/quote:2rr9gh0j]
Doesn't sound right unless they were hunting illegally! OHM was always limited to 4 hunters per 1/4. Are you sure others weren't on an adjacent 1/4?[/quote:2rr9gh0j]
Yeah, It was same section, this is going back 14 years ago though! Very frustrating when situations arise like that!

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Too bad your hunt was ruined like that. Guess I transferred one year too late...got here in July 1999. We spend a lot of time patrolling waterfowl fields and waters between the north perimeter, pth #17, pth 59 and pth #6.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its way better now. We had the same problem. We hunt the first feild past oak hammock road north of 67. Amazing hunts, it got bad when they took the sign in trailer away. Now every Saturday we see the same 2 other groups out there. Its a wonderfull place

G

·
The only reason we were able to get our birds was due to my spread, focus closer to home now in the Libau and Beasejour area! Still running into problems out here with other groups with"so called permission for the specific field"! Surprised of the mentality with some hunters, but that's just the way it goes some times!

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
haha lol I know what you mean Fish camp, the best thing is when you are out hunting with the farmer lol, and they say that they have permission :lol: :D

So I am really up for this and I talk to one of the farmers that I have known for a while, he said that he would let us in, but we just can't be stupied, deppending where we are, we can't shot towards cattle, houses, shops etc.

The worest thing on this, is we have to hope that the guide dosent come around the area this year, or we get into a field that he is not allowed in. The past few years, that has been hard to do, although he dosn't seem to hunt during weekends so we could get in.

Il keep you all posted on what happens

1 - 17 of 17 Posts