Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your posting last day of rifle season and look at your watch and bingo your at the end of legal shooting light (as of the rule book guidelines), you turn around to head back to your truck (3 minutes go by) and see this guy at 80 yards......do you take the shot....

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
shooting light 3 mins, my watch could be wrong so if that was the only thing i would take the shot but there is no safe backstop so in this case i would not shoot

·
Registered
146 Posts
Personally, i don't like shooting as a shilouette of a deer in any situation, so for me, with the addition of not knowing what is behind the deer and questionable legal shooting time, i would let him go and hope to see him again next year.

·
Registered
557 Posts
You're dealing with high powered rifles here, they have legal start and finish times for good reason, absolutely do not take the shot. No deer is worth the ticket but more importantly killing someone.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I'd have to pass this shot...don't know what's over the hill, behind the deer. Also, I can't quite tell if that's some brush in front of the deer, covering his vitals.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No shot from me. To much on the line, no back stop , it may be a co decoy , and if the shrubs or grass is to thick I would t want to wound it than track all night. I would probably cry all the way back to the truck though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts