Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
i would try and stop him with a loud bleat or a "HEY"...but if i gotta take the shot, he doesn't look like he is going full out and at 100 yards i would aim just infront of him and squeeze off a shot...it looks like he would be at the bottom of his gate as the bullet would strike him in the shoulder...hopefully...lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Again awesome idea guys... I'm certainly enjoying the discussion.

I have to say, while hunting I've never seen a buck this nice (I don't hunt that often). I would take the shot fish killer described on this guy, but if it was antlerless or a doe I would let it go.

When I'm old and grey I hope to have a trophy or two on my wall and be able to be the better man and not take a risky shot, but for now as a guy who only gets out once or twice a year, I couldn't resist this one.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I would take it, little under the nose and let it buck... The buck I shot last year is a carbon copy of this scenario...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just in infont of the chest if he is really moving fast, or center of shoulder if not that fast. I do not want to hit him in the shoulder though, as too much meat damage. Of course trying to avoid gut shot as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts