Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
"Unroll the truck window and let him have it". Just joking with a 25-06 I would aim centre mass if the bullet drifts you hit his shoulder!

·
Registered
653 Posts
shane019 said:
I personally would aim on the right side of the white patch on his neck. This way he drops or clean miss.
I agree, with a well aimed shot from a good rest, he's down. Not the right answer for everyone though

·
Registered
147 Posts
At 200 yards with a 10 mph cross wind my 160 grain 7 mm Rem Mag will only move 2"...therefore I put the bullet at centre mass and watch him hit the dirt in my scope.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wail till the deer behind him clears outta the way, aim at the bottom point of the shadow on his neck and squeeze the trigger...let the .30-06 do the rest.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Fish_Killer said:
Wail till the deer behind him clears outta the way, aim at the bottom point of the shadow on his neck and squeeze the trigger...let the .30-06 do the rest.
X2. Except with a 300 mag ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'd wait for him to turn broadside. If I had the feeling that won't happen and it's now or never I'd aim more or less within a couple inches of Geoff's diagram.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would want the bullet to hit "right there" so I would aim about 3 inches to the right, where the edge of the circle is. I would not try this shot from a kneeling or standing position it would have to be from a solid rest.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
clawj said:
I'd wait for him to turn broadside. If I had the feeling that won't happen and it's now or never I'd aim more or less within a couple inches of Geoff's diagram.
He's staring right at you Jamie so I'm sure that he isn't sticking around for a broad side shot. Rest the rifle and do it right where Geoff's cross hairs are.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those crosshairs on fish killer's diagram are about perfect. Take that shot on a deer like that anyday of the week. I think the bigger question is, what about the deer behind that big boy? Is that one in the line of fire?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've had tons of deer stare right at me, if you don't move and they don't smell you a lot of times they will carry on like its business as usual. Obviously half the time they bolt at any sign of trouble but the other half they may give you a shot( or a better shot in this case).

·
Registered
389 Posts
Fish Killer nailed it bang on, especially with letting the deer in the rear clear the sight view first. After that, with a 3 inch wind drift to the left you will have venison in the freezer and horns on the wall.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts