Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a Stoeger dealer in the Winnipeg area that would carry stock so a guy could have a look at one and decide if it would be worth the investment.
I've tried the usual who list them on their web sites but none of them carry them in store and by the time they would get one in the bird season will be over. I just want a reliable, affordable o/u that will take some feild rash without making me cringe. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Pretty sure Cabela's and Wholesale carry them, I could be wrong tho... They are nice shooting rigs tho!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Both Cabelas and Wholesale do in fact have Stoeger O/U's on their shelves. That is if they carried more than one and didn't sell out already.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So does Wholesale Sports outfitters, I know bot a stoeger coach gun from them.
note: Don't fire Black cloud 3inch BB's in them, loosen the stock/butt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wholesale said 4 weeks to get one in. Cabelas would be a last resort for me, not a fan of their gun desk. I've been thinking of looking across the border but I've never brought a gun across before. Is it much of a headache?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Cabelas doesn't have any stoeger o/u's. They have the side by sides and coach guns. Also the Benelli nova wanna-be pump.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I Lied! Cabelas just got in (only 1) Stoeger Condor o/u and it's on the shelf. I checked it out last night and it seems quite nice (for the price) Probably in the same category as the Maverick o/u, it did feel a little more solid with the wood stock. They did not have the deluxe model.

Link

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Trying to bring a gun acoss the border from the US will be a real headache if Homeland Security has a checkstop on the US side and stops you. It is illegal for any non-resident to possess guns, ammo, gun parts, scopes, etc. If it gets nasty it's jail time and/or a fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So it's against the law in the US for a canadian to purchase a gun?
What about mail order?
Does onyone know any more about this? It seems like an extreme regulation for no real reason. People bring firearms back and forth across the boarder all the time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
fish-whistler said:
So it's against the law in the US for a canadian to purchase a gun?
What about mail order?
Does onyone know any more about this? It seems like an extreme regulation for no real reason. People bring firearms back and forth across the boarder all the time.
From the RCMP. U.S. Regulations For Non-Residents Purchasing And Importing Firearms And Ammunition

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/info ... eu-eng.htm

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
What people bring firearms across the border all the time? To hunt with, yes, but the paperwork has to be done.
Google is your friend.
Or just contact Homeland security in the US. I'm sure they could fill you in. This has been an issue for years now (since 2002). I think the only gun related thing you can legally (in the US) buy and bring back is a muzzleloader. (And I would check on that.)
Great link KevinS.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If you can find what you want ANYWHERE in Canada it will probably be cheaper then importing from the US. It might even be more cost effective to buy it from other countries then the US.

Anyone know what Canadian laws are for importing firearms?
I assume with the LGR gone once it's in Canada your good?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't know it would be such a problem but now I know. To bad as I found a stoeger condor with 12 and 20Gg barrels new in the box for $350. Can't touch that price here with one barrell.
Ive also noticed alot of rifles that you can't buy up here like the new Rossi revolver .410 shot guns. I imagine it has something to do with the pistol type action?
Well I'll stick to a canadian gun source I guess. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I want a Rossi Wizard, with three barrels, compact gun that I can change out barrels on quickly when Im hunting moose and see a grouse or a flock of waterfowl.
Haven't seen one in Canada

1 - 16 of 16 Posts