Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a savage 11 in 243 a few weeks ago. I got the youth model because it was so cheap. I ordered a nice Boyd walnut stock in a blind mag for it but it needs some minor fitting work. The trigger guard doesn't quite fit and I'm no carpenter. (i could make it fit but it wouldn't be pretty)

Does anyone know anybody that would do work on this? Also if they're really good id like to see if they could make a cut out for the magazine plate.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Almost any compitent gunsmith could do that work, or at least know someone who can. Make a few phone calls.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Riggs said:
Almost any compitent gunsmith could do that work, or at least know someone who can. Make a few phone calls.
Here's one to get you started in your search: I just Googled Winnipeg Gunsmiths

RDP Gunsmithing
25139 Plympton Road
Dugald, MB R0E 0K0
Tel: (204) 853-7585
Fax: (204) 853-7495
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I used to work with Rob who owns RDP... He is my go to for gun repairs and tweaks of any kind...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Patty said:
I used to work with Rob who owns RDP... He is my go to for gun repairs and tweaks of any kind...
Thanks for the reference.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dropped it off with a friend of my dads. He's made some increadable thing out of wood and I'm sure he'll do a good job. I'll post some pictures when he's done

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got my stock back last week. He did a great job, opened up the bottom for the magazine plate. When i went to pick it up he said "don't ever bring me another one of these F'n things!" lol. He chiseled it out all by hand.

I also made some pillars and glass bed it last night. I'll post some pictures tonight. I have my fingers crossed that I didn't mechanically lock the action to the stock!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's some pictures of the finished work. I figure better late than never. The bedding job turned out good, had to touch up a few spots but I'm happy with it. I had to pick up some new action screws as the original ones were too short with the new stock. Got some from Fastenall

I slapped a Rifle Basix SAV-1 trigger on it and got it tuned down to just under 2 lbs. Very nice and crisp trigger (better than the stock 6 lb pull)

I've got a Sharp Shooter Supply bolt handle on the way, and a stoney point finger turret for the scope, now all i have to do is get out and shoot the damn thing! :shotgun:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts