Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Likely the wrong time of the year to be asking this but..

Interested in joining a gun range. Tired of finding a spot in the pits or elsewhere to punch some holes.

Seeing as I'm in Niverville, I thought Steinbach would be the best bet.

How is the atmosphere/attitude at this range? Is it a busy range?

Is black powder allowed?

Family friendly?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't have a ton of intel on Steinbach but I've never heard anything really negative except that it might be a finite lifeline due to the city growing towards it.

I'm not far from Niverville and my home Range is Selkirk Game and Fish. It's not really that much further to drive and in my opinion it's a nicer facility. That said though, the 200 yard range in Selkirk will see a short closure this summer as they do some upgrades.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had memberships at Steinbach and Selkirk; Selkirk is by far a nicer range, but they hold so many events on summer weekends it can be tough to get in. Steinbach is quiet and easy to get into, but only 100 yard rifle.

I just decided to renew my Steinbach membership instead of Selkirk because it's a quieter range and i'm OK with practicing to 100 yards for this year and yes it is a family friendly range.

The Steinbach range is still a good distance outside town limits and with the huge sand pit next door I can't see it being shut down due to noise complaints anytime soon, of course you never know.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had memberships at Steinbach and Selkirk; Selkirk is by far a nicer range, but they hold so many events on summer weekends it can be tough to get in. Steinbach is quiet and easy to get into, but only 100 yard rifle.

I just decided to renew my Steinbach membership instead of Selkirk because it's a quieter range and i'm OK with practicing to 100 yards for this year and yes it is a family friendly range.

The Steinbach range is still a good distance outside town limits and with the huge sand pit next door I can't see it being shut down due to noise complaints anytime soon, of course you never know.
What is the cost of selkirk and steinbach ranges?

Also...does anyone know if St Charles is still open?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the cost of selkirk and steinbach ranges?

Also...does anyone know if St Charles is still open?

Steinbach is only $140 for family membership. Which isn't too bad given the cost of ranges in the city.

Thanks for the replies IronCanadian & cndfirearmstraining.

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Man, i sure wish someone would build/expand a range that is longer - 1000 would be wicked, but 500-700 would suffice!
Once you get your gun and loads dialled in, shooting 200yds and less gets real boring real fast....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, i sure wish someone would build/expand a range that is longer - 1000 would be wicked, but 500-700 would suffice!
Once you get your gun and loads dialled in, shooting 200yds and less gets real boring real fast....
St. Charles has a 1000y range. Not aware of any others in Manitoba.

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
I contacted St Charles & i was told one night a week for long range stuff
That would suck for me

Will look into Seven Sisters!

·
Registered
300 Posts
About 2 years ago I thought someone had bought land and gotten approval (in principle) from the CFO for a 1000 yard range a little ways north of the city. I guess that must have died? I want to say he had posted something either here, on Trackshare or GunNutz about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts