Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it legal to hunt in the RM on Sundays yet? I know it was illegal a while back but can't find any info online

·
Registered
16 Posts
The by-law you are thinking about is the one in regards to the discharge of firearms on Sunday. The discharge of firearms is still prohibited. There is a link to the by-law on the RM's website.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If the question is: can you hunt on Sundays in the rm of Springfield the answer is yes. I've never heard of any by-law that says you cannot discharge a firearm on Sundays. To me that doesn't make sense, so you can shoot on Saturdays? But without a doubt you can bow hunt on sundays.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It clearly states on their website that shooting is prohibited on Sundays except for at designated shooting ranges. Bow hunting looks ok, but firearm hunting on Sunday would be a no go as far as I see if you actually discharge the firearm. Kinda screwy that it's legal to hunt Sundays but against the rm bi law to discharge a firearm on Sundays, but I shake my head at lots of rules and regulations.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
clawj said:
It clearly states on their website that shooting is prohibited on Sundays except for at designated shooting ranges. Bow hunting looks ok, but firearm hunting on Sunday would be a no go as far as I see if you actually discharge the firearm.
That's how we understand it to work in Springfield. A reminder that it is a municipal by-law not provincial regulation. Thanks Jamie.

·
Registered
653 Posts
André said:
clawj said:
It clearly states on their website that shooting is prohibited on Sundays except for at designated shooting ranges. Bow hunting looks ok, but firearm hunting on Sunday would be a no go as far as I see if you actually discharge the firearm.
That's how we understand it to work in Springfield. A reminder that it is a municipal by-law not provincial regulation. Thanks Jamie.
Are you saying your not the bylaw enforcement officer? :twisted:

·
Registered
611 Posts
ChaD? said:
what a terrible RM that is lol
if you look at the date that thing was signed, its slightly outdated. It was well b4 sunday hunting came into effect.... maybe the reeve needs to see that its 2012 and we are trying to get our kids to hunt so all is not lost?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts