Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Honest opinion how was it hunting spring Canada’s and we’re you using decoys if so how did they respond or was it similar to fall hunting

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yep March 1-31 and with the early arrival this year thought it would be really good and fields not being to wet be easier getting around

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The spring hunt is different fore sure, I was more opportunistic and fortunate to live near a creek. We would walk the banks or sit near some open water and wait. Just great to have another season to look forward to and birds are in perfect plucking shape, unlike the early fall birds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got out for the spring Canada goose season for 4 evening hunts and took 10 birds in total (0,2,3,5). The geese really didn't want to be in the field I had permission for (always seems to be that the way, right?) but I did manage to coax in a few flocks into my spread (12 full body and 12 shells). I've never hunted geese in the spring and I am pretty new to goose hunting overall. The birds that I did harvest were very fatty. I also found that the birds that did come in were much less chatty than fall birds. With the mild temps it was a lot fun and I would certainly do it next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts