Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked this on another forum but just wondering if anyone here has tried the Speer Deep Curls on game. I found a decent load that consistently gets me under an inch in my 308 but would like to hear from others who have tried them on game before rolling the dice from my tried and true Sierra's (which shoot better yet :shock: ).

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
I have not tried those particular bullets. I have had factory Grand Slams and loaded their TNT varmint bullets which were OK. The load data they recommend you use is even more conservative than other data sources and the velocities they quote are optimistic for the charges quoted. There also do not seem to be any light weight bullets by caliber. For instance, there are no 150 grain loads given for 308. Did you chrony the loads at all? Those bullets look like the tips are well scored; very even petals. I see no reason they wouldn't work well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Not to revive an old thread but..

I have used the Federal Fusion ammo with great success in the last couple years. The bullet is essentially the same as the Deep curl.
One shot shots with good weight retention and penetration make this an excellent choice for deer. I suspect it would preform good on larger game as well.
Here is a water jug test I did on the 150gr .270 Win Fusion load.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpgV89Rm_jA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts