Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RAN INTO A COUPLE OF GUYS HUNTING THE OTHER DAY AND THEY WERE BRAGGING THAT THEY COULD SHOOT ANYTHING THEY WANTED AND AS MANY AS THEY WANTED BECAUSE THEY HAD A LETTER FROM A TREATY CARD HOLDER STATING THEY WERE GIVEN PERMISSION TO TRANSPORT THE GAME TO THE PROCCESSER.I DID NOT SEE THE TREATY HUNTER THEY HAD THE LETTER FROM.THEY BRAGGED THIS WAS THIER GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD.THESE GUYS WERE NOT TREATY OR METIS (I DON'T THINK).MY QUESTION IS,IS THIS LEGAL?? IF IT IS WE ARE ALL IN TROUBLE,THERE IS ENOUGH PRESSUE ON THE WILDLIFE AS IT IS WITHOUT THIS SCAM.

·
Registered
303 Posts
How about hunting out of a ditch on a gravel mile road? Seems kinda odd, specially when it's past legal light...stopped to look at deer in the field on the drive out and laugh at how we didn't see them during the day where we were, then we see a guy with a gun in the ditch lying down obviously waiting to shoot one in the field right by us...he used rude language for having stopped close by...couldn't see him until 50 ft away.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Two illegal acts posted on this thread! Did anyone call an NRO or TIP LIne?

PM me all the information on those two incidents please!

·
Registered
142 Posts
You try and get your cell to work out in no-mans-land, I have,no luck.
Some stories I can tell you/ don’t mouth back a poacher with a gun it just bad karma.
:|

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Oneye said:
You try and get your cell to work out in no-mans-land, I have,no luck.
Some stories I can tell you/ don’t mouth back a poacher with a gun it just bad karma.
:|
How about calling when the phone gets back into a service area? :?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I began hunting in 1981, and have become completely sick to my stomach over what I seen today. My brother ask me many times, why we hike deep in to woods to setup/ or stalk hunt. He’s not a hunter just the camera man.
Can someone tell me if the anti- hunters/ bad hunters, poachers & unban development will be the death of the long traditions of hunting in this country of ours?
I hunted private land for the first time in my life this season; I hate to be hemmed up in a 2X2m fence in farm. But the ability to know that I was the only one granted permission to hunt there, felt good. The deer couldn’t be stalked, so hide & seek was the game of the day. The deer won the first round, but there’s general rifle season coming, like a kid going on a carnival ride, I can hardly wait for Nov 12th and see what my Winchester 1895 can do.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thing is, I had a good suspicion of what was being attempted but...there is plenty of plausible deniability in the situation. Lawful posession of a firearm, just looking at wildlife, etc. Different story if I saw someone take aim and blast one from the municipal road at night. My phone doesn't work until I drive for about another hour from that spot anyways, add to it that no physical offence was witnessed...

He would have been guilty in "Minority Report" I'm sure...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
jondur said:
Thing is, I had a good suspicion of what was being attempted but...there is plenty of plausible deniability in the situation. Lawful posession of a firearm, just looking at wildlife, etc. Different story if I saw someone take aim and blast one from the municipal road at night. My phone doesn't work until I drive for about another hour from that spot anyways, add to it that no physical offence was witnessed...

He would have been guilty in "Minority Report" I'm sure...

Not trying to start a pissing contest here, but did you actually see an infraction or do you suspect something happened ? I'm having some difficulty understanding your post.........perhaps I missed something ??

·
Registered
303 Posts
I believe the actions witnessed 'could' be considered to fall under the definition of hunting (pursuing, tracking game etc.). I'm no expert by any means and I mostly just my mind business out in the field. Eventually, some offenders run out of luck. I know NRO's check the area.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
jondur said:
I believe the actions witnessed 'could' be considered to fall under the definition of hunting (pursuing, tracking game etc.). I'm no expert by any means and I mostly just my mind business out in the field. Eventually, some offenders run out of luck. I know NRO's check the area.

Ok.......thanks for cleariing that up for me !!

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
I always tell people to let us decide whether or not an offense occurred. Give us the information and we'll run with it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
jondur said:
NROs cannot be everywhere all the time. It is possible they are not aware of it. If you believe an offence could be occurring, pass on the info - by doing so you are protecting your resources.

I reported someone today for hunting on private land I know no one has permission on. I hunt in the area and it is my right to do so and it really burns me when someone is abusing the resource.

A friend and I were hunting and some guy was driving up and down the road and acting weird. I heard 4 rifle shots in a short period of time. The matter is being dealt with already.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Smith said:
jondur said:
NROs cannot be everywhere all the time. It is possible they are not aware of it. If you believe an offence could be occurring, pass on the info - by doing so you are protecting your resources.

I reported someone today for hunting on private land I know no one has permission on. I hunt in the area and it is my right to do so and it really burns me when someone is abusing the resource.

A friend and I were hunting and some guy was driving up and down the road and acting weird. I heard 4 rifle shots in a short period of time. The matter is being dealt with already.

As it should be.................!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts