Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not hunting yet, but went out and took some pictures of the shortage of deer in the SE. Just driving back home we saw about 45 deer. I don't remember seeing them by the dozen like this any other year, very nice to see. Drive safe!

Blurry pic, but you can see a big boy standing in the back.

G

·
TOO MANY DEER FOR ONE PERSON,BEING THE NICE GUY I AM I WOULD BE WILLING TO GIVE YOU A HAND WITH THEM!! :lmao:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
superstock3 said:
TOO MANY DEER FOR ONE PERSON,BEING THE NICE GUY I AM I WOULD BE WILLING TO GIVE YOU A HAND WITH THEM!! :lmao:
That is so decent of you to offer to help him out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya thanks for the offer Superstock. :D But those bucks are out of my 'jurisdiction', they're on private property.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thank heavens for last years mild winter. With a winter like the year before the deer population would be in really bad shape right now. With the reduced harvest this year and a reasonable winter the herd should make a nice recovery.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
I'd like to see a close up of the bull in photo #2! Looks like the inside spread is wider than the ears so it should be a really good buck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd like to see a close up of the bull in photo #2! Looks like the inside spread is wider than the ears so it should be a really good buck.
I was thinking the same thing. Definite shooter for hacks like me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Andre that looks like a buck to me :) :) :) It could be a decoy too........jkg of course! :hunter: Blue Igloo
André said:

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
Blue Igloo said:
Andre that looks like a buck to me :) :) :) It could be a decoy too........jkg of course! :hunter: Blue Igloo [quote="André":15i5q1bq]I'd like to see a close up of the bull in photo #2! Looks like the inside spread is wider than the ears so it should be a really good buck.
[/quote:15i5q1bq]
The "buck" word is over used imo so I called it a bull! Sometimes I like to stray away from social protocol. :D

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
André said:
[quote="Blue Igloo":1uv1vc6o]Andre that looks like a buck to me :) :) :) It could be a decoy too........jkg of course! :hunter: Blue Igloo [quote="André":1uv1vc6o]I'd like to see a close up of the bull in photo #2! Looks like the inside spread is wider than the ears so it should be a really good buck.
[/quote:1uv1vc6o]
The "buck" word is over used imo so I called it a bull! Sometimes I like to stray away from social protocol. :D[/quote:1uv1vc6o]
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You're such a non-conformist. I like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Shortage, lol. I saw 41 deer in 2 miles. In an area where there wasn't any deer at all 4 years ago.
From what i've been hearing from others, there seeing the same thing.
Not to sure what NR was thinking when they reduced the tag numbers. Next year there will be tons & our insurance will go up from all the collisions.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would be alot of these deer everyone are seeing are does with fawns. I've been noticing most does have either twins or triplets, and come on....who wants to shoot a german shepard sized deer? Next year populations will look better with some of those deer maturing

·
Registered
869 Posts
I was seeing alot of deer in the SE this weekend, Don't really care about shooting less deer. . . . just don't shorten my GD season!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts