Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to set up the ladder stand in my new spot from last year. Due to high winds the trail and every other trail in the area is no longer.

This was a perfectly good trail you could drive any vehicle down.

This was the trail my stand is on.

But that wasn't about to stop me, stand is up and I even found a use for some of the downed tree parts. :D

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Nice job man, and you have the advantage of having fewer road hunters encroaching on your area.

·
Registered
557 Posts
That's a pretty sturdy and comfortable looking stand you got there, out of curiosity how high is it?

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
17' to the shooting rail. It's got a seat cushion for bottom and back, the shooting rail is nice, you can even lean forward on it and put your head down for some shuteye. But strap yourself up if you're going to sleep lol.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow can you imagine the work that the local snowmobile clubs are going to have to clear the trails this coming winter. I love snowmobiling by the way. Maybe this winter some of us can get together.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Pikester, you are absolutely correct about the snowmobile trails. I belong to the Nopiming Snomads and we have been at it for weeks, even with Bobcats and the big brushers used on road allowances. Just think what 160 km of that is like to clean up. And in the country we are in close to half of it is inaccessible other than by Argo or waiting for freeze-up. I suspect there are going to be many trails and clubs with a big problem this year. Funding for the clubs is based on grooming miles. Unopened trails can't be groomed and that will reduce funding to clubs that need it to clear trails. A great chicken and egg syndrome. The biggest problem facing clubs other than funding issues is getting volunteers to help out. I think pictures as you see in this post actually keep people away from helping. Most clubs are lucky to have 5-10% of members volunteering for all the work needing to be done. If all the volunteers from all the clubs in Snoman quit, snowmobiling as we know it would cease to exist.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts