Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our first year of seasonal camping and our first full year as camper owners. Opening day for the Whiteshell is this Friday and its been a whirlwind experience trying to get ready for it.

We are staying in a non-serviced campsite, so most of my work has been spent on bullet-proofing our electrical system. Battery banks from Prairie Battery and a solar panel kit from Mntman at P.A. are going to be our primary power with a $300 Cdn Tire gennie and a homemade soundproof enclosure for infrequesnt A/C and microwave use. Im hoping the solar will keep the batts going for the most part.

Another big consideration has been security. Ive spent some time fabricating locks and cases and cables to keep stuff from walking away, but I guess if someone wnats your stuff, theyre going to get it. Hopefully the neighbours will be good, and the $30 park pass will help pay for a parkie presence.

Anyone know of a good firewood supplier on the north route to the park? Thats still an item on this never ending list!

But its all looking good and we cant wait to move in on Friday. Anyone else putting it up this weekend?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a Great weekend DJ

Might i suggest a reinforced Roof

Watch out for Falling Trees or Look-up before parking

Have yourself A Blast Buddy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you have to tempt fate, Clive? :lol: Lets just forget about that stupid, dead, Jeep killing tree.

So I take it no one else is seasonal camping this year?

·
Registered
3 Posts
D.J. said:
Anyone know of a good firewood supplier on the north route to the park? Thats still an item on this never ending list!
But its all looking good and we cant wait to move in on Friday. Anyone else putting it up this weekend?
There is a guy in Rennie with a truck load of birch for sale. He has his truck along hwy 44 loaded with a "wood for sale" sign. Where is your seasonal Deej? One bro is Big ****** north camp again this year and my other bro has seasonal north of Gimli. I still have a seasonal on LOTW. :fish:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I usually seasonally camp out in the Whiteshell at Nutimik lake. This year I didn't get a low enough number in the draw to get a site. I won't let that stop me from going out and having fun though. I'll be out there anyway camping and fishing this weekend! :D

Is anyone else here a seasonal camper at Nutimik?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have fun Deej....just dont forget my ph.# LOL! Would love to visit you this year for a day trip or something!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts