Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or at least keep your fingers crossed. I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania, and we're about to get hit with one of the worst storms ever to hit this region...Hurricane Sandy. It started raining a short time ago, and between now and Wednesday afternoon, they're forcasting any where from 8 to 20 inches of rain. To add to the storms effect, the winds are forcast to be steady around 40mph, with gusts up to 70 or 80mph during that time. Wish I'd saved those plans for the ark. Things are gonna get real ugly around here by mid-day tomorrow. This storm is so big, that up to 50,000,000 people are going to be impacted to some degree...that's close to 1/4 the population of the entire country. :shock:

·
Registered
396 Posts
That is crazy,hoping for the best for you guys down that way.Mother Nature sure can be nasty at times....Take Care and lets hope no lives are lost!!!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7mm-08 said:
That is crazy,hoping for the best for you guys down that way.Mother Nature sure can be nasty at times....Take Care and lets hope no lives are lost!!!
The storm's killed 65 people so far...just about all in the Carribean. Off the coast of New Jersey, the ocean waves are up to 27' high, and the center of the storm is still off the coast of North Carolina! This is one huge mother of a storm...tropical storm winds are extending out over 400 miles from the center. :shock:

·
Registered
557 Posts
I am in Boston right now for a conference and it is very windy! Schools, stores, public transit, airport is shut down. Hope it all clears out so I can get home Wednesday!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Riggs said:
Or at least keep your fingers crossed. I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania, and we're about to get hit with one of the worst storms ever to hit this region...Hurricane Sandy. It started raining a short time ago, and between now and Wednesday afternoon, they're forcasting any where from 8 to 20 inches of rain. To add to the storms effect, the winds are forcast to be steady around 40mph, with gusts up to 70 or 80mph during that time. Wish I'd saved those plans for the ark. Things are gonna get real ugly around here by mid-day tomorrow. This storm is so big, that up to 50,000,000 people are going to be impacted to some degree...that's close to 1/4 the population of the entire country. :shock:

I'm following the storm track etc on CNN. Its quite a monster all right. Take care and take cover...........

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right now, the winds are so strong I can feel the house shake. It sounds like a couple of fighter jets taking off outside. :shock: Wind gusts tonight have been up to 87 mph...supposed to be like that for the next 7 hours or so.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Worst storm I can recall, wind wise, in my 65 years. :eek:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Things are quiet now in Boston. Rain has stopped and just moderate winds. From the looks of the news the folks south of here were not so lucky.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, we made it through the night. Power went on and off about 5 times through the night. It's still raining lightly...so far we have a little over 8 inches in the rain gauge. Still a bit windy, but have subsided greatly...now about 30mph max. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and phone calls.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Riggs said:
How are ya doin Riggs.........still got your head above water ??

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Made it through the storm, but it was really scarey. Thanks for your concern.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts