Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my travel back Friday from Brandon to winnipeg I counted well over 20 dead deer in the ditch recent and over winter
Some body please explain to me why it’s not ok to pick up roadkills without a hassle

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I don’t understand is why it’s such a problem majority of the time province doesn’t do anything they sit and rot in a ditch Ontario I know encourages you to pick up no matter what it is especially bigger animals
In st Francois Xavier there was at least 10 dead all before the bridge crossing the Assiniboine rivee

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m sorry to bring this topic up again but it’s really litin a fire under my ass
Went out to boissevain on Sunday this past weekend took highway 2 to 10 then 10 to number 1 home in between these stretches I probably seen at least +30 deer carcasses left lying in ditches even some on the shoulders of the highway some that were maybe a couple days old I didn’t check but judging by looking at it it’s not from the winter month
So my question is if the province or conservation doesn’t pick these animals up why can’t the general public or even have like a call list have certain ppl in a pecking order
It’s just really sad to see some animals that sometimes get hit in the head and all the meat sit there and rot or attract other wildlife to road ways causing potential other roadkills(coyotes foxes etc)
I just don’t see what the problem is

·
Registered
29 Posts
I believe the short answer would be.... you're not allowed to hunt with your truck.

;)

The lawmakers probably don't think a CO could tell the difference between a roadkill deer in your truck box vs one that had been shot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Search my truck I don’t care I ain’t got nothing to hide
Take a temp of the animal look for obvious clues on what caused the animal die there so many ways to tell but one it would help the clean up off roads and ditches dave the province time of going to clean up the animal(s) let ppl take the animal make good use out of it wheither it’s dog food or personal use

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Call head office on Saulteuax and ask them - i did many moons ago, and they had an answer as to why we cant take roadkill.
i dont want to regurgitate what they said, as it was long ago - so best to get it from them.
I do recall their explanation made sense, had to do with preventing the shady folk out there from doing their thing.
Again, call them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

have a look here perfect example dead deer to the right highways yard to the left
Good job on picking up what’s supposed to be your job

1 - 9 of 9 Posts