Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever use em? I guess thats what I get for letting my dad buy me shells, 3 boxes for $100 lol. hopefully there good, if you have had bad experiences please dont tell me lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
I really like them... I don't shoot them all the time because of the cost but I found they work well for pass shooting and the shy birds that don't want to commit to the decoys. I shoot a SX3 with Briley extended Improved Modified choke...

There is definetly a noticeable difference in recoil lol... The kick is noticeable over the Xpert 3" and alot louder. I am left handed and a couple times shooting them out of my blind twisted abit i would actually hit my safety on my gun from the recoil which never happens with the Xperts I normally shoot...

Shane

·
Registered
168 Posts
I use them. Love them. But I didnt't get them here. The skys are falling. The skys are falling. That's against the law. They were not bought from the hacks in MB

·
Registered
611 Posts
Too bad reloading steel wasn't as cheap as the lead day reloading..... If your shooting over decoys any brand will do (as you all know)... but for anyone stuck on winchester x-pert (unless they improved from the calls to them)..... the pellets are all rejects and seconds, flat, oval and just plain mushed. Thats why they sell so cheap. If you have some cut one open and look.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I agree, the x-perts are terrible shells, to put it lightly...

I haven't shot them in years but I used to shoot Challenger steel shells alot and was very impressed at there performance for the price...

·
Registered
869 Posts
Never had a problem with winchester, in fact me and chad were talking about this post today, we opened one of my shells and all the shot was fine, no rejects there. I even dropped a few geese with em today :shotgun: What did you not like about them patty?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Winchester did get a lot of calls about the quality of shot they were using. I guess they listened and and cleaned up their act. I am going to have to go buy a box tomorrow just to cut some open and see for myself. :lol:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
offshoreonly said:
Never had a problem with winchester, in fact me and chad were talking about this post today, we opened one of my shells and all the shot was fine, no rejects there. I even dropped a few geese with em today :shotgun: What did you not like about them patty?

Terrible patterns was the biggest thing that I disliked about them, With the full choke in my 11-87 I was lucky to put 60% of the shot in a 40" circle at 30yds... The challenger shells (3" BB) on the other hand were the same money and basketball sized patterns at 30yds... I also had a few that "belched" black soot out the barrel, don't know why but I assume it was manufacturing defects...

I've shot other winchester shells over the years with good luck... Winchester makes some very good products IMO... I shoot nothing but Supreme 55 BST out of my .243, I shoot lots of the Supreme steel at ducks and my .22's get fed alot of winchester rounds too..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After a weekend of use. I will say they are nice. Ask offshore about sme of the shots I made and the damage dealt by these shells. Unreal.

·
Registered
869 Posts
ChaD? said:
After a weekend of use. I will say they are nice. Ask offshore about sme of the shots I made and the damage dealt by these shells. Unreal.

yeah some poor little lesser didn't take getting hit in the head at a close range with this stuff very well, lol.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ChaD? said:
what gun and choke are you shooting those shells through?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Who knows maybe they have improved the X-pert line of shells... Patriot, I haven't shot Kents in years, but I did pick up a couple boxes of Kent steel for my 20ga, hopefully I can find a duck or two yet!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've been shooting Kent Fasteel out of my Benelli for 2 years now. I like them a lot.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
thepatriot said:
You likely can't go wrong with Kents (Pattern first) but kents are cheap, fast, deadly. Aim for the beaks.
Kents are a really decent shell...expecially for the price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts