Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody here has tried to convert their model 700 Remington to a detatchable magazine? I'm just getting a little annoyed with the drop hinge plate.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Mine came with a detchable mag... I'm sure that you can find detailed instructions online with a google search... i believe they do make a kit you can use to convert it though...

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Yes Patty's right - there are kits abounding for those guns. CGNutz classifieds have lots there right now.
Failing that, do a web search for cdn shops - I think mags are a no-no for shipping from USA.
Try:
north shore barrels
mystic precision
prophet river
Alberta Tac rifle supply
Wolverine supplies (Manitoba!)
Jo brooks firearms (Manitoba!)

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
It's still better than a blind magazine. It's not an issue unless you are in and out of a vehicle numerous times per day moving around.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's more for those ice cold mornings in Nopiming Jan... it makes it hard to top load when fingers/gun are ice cold.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you find a good one, let us know what it is. I've seen a few and haven't been impressed. Still top-loading mine.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Way! that is what Paul is shooting now though

·
Registered
17 Posts
converted two 700 bdl left handed rifles to detachable magazines.One was a bdl left hand 30-06 and the other is a 700 bdl in 338 win mag.I bought kwik Klip conversion kits (came with magazines as well)on CGN site but haven't seen any for sale in a while.The only thing that you had to do was to remove some material from the stock where the release for mag is.I am extremely happy with mine.Justgoogle Kwik Klip conversion and see what turns up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts