Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
There is a fellow in Saskatchewan making drop shot but be danged if I can remember who. Try calling a few Gun shops, they may tell you who to call. His prices where real good.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Does anyone know how the US Lawmen treat bags of shot and bullets for reloading, being bought by Canadians?

·
Registered
283 Posts
CDNSPORTSMAN said:
Anyone know where you can buy lead shot #8 #9 as I reload and have 5000 hulls but can not find shot.

Thanks in advance. :moose:

Most sporting goods stores that once sold lead shot have quit handling it. Likely due to the decreased volume due to non-toxic shot required for waterfowl. Hummason still makes lead shot in Ancaster?? Ontario. Their phone # is (905) 648-3430. It would have to be shipped by truck because of its weight. I'm not sure how much could be shipped on a pallet to make it most economical. I'm sure if a group got together they could make it work. Someone has to take on the ordering and the distribution. That sounds like a Thankless job. The other problem is if you buy them by the cases factory trap shells can be had pretty cheap (in 12 ga anyway). If you have some smaller ga. guns (16,20,28) it is certainly worthwhile loads field loads for chickens. Some bigger shot like 5&6 would also be in order. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
12 gauge shells

I picked up 10 boxes of 12 gauge shells on sale in grand forks claimed them at the border no problem
I have a couple bags of shot I'll check what it is

·
Registered
383 Posts
I picked up 10 boxes of 12 gauge shells on sale in grand forks claimed them at the border no problem
I have a couple bags of shot I'll check what it is

My understanding is there is no problems with the Canadian laws up to 5000 rounds but Homeland security in the US is a different story.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I've heard similar rumours on homeland security down south

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
CBSA is not the problem crossing the border. It is when Homeland Security sets up on the U.S. side and does spot checks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've heard similar rumours on homeland security down south
These aren't rumors. Either phone US customs or do some internet searching, there is a lot of legal stuff to go through. Getting the paperwork on the Canadian side is apparently easy, it is getting the US side that is hard. Even US residents can't legally send scopes to Canadians. There is exemptions for small firearms parts and firearm stocks though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts