Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Predator hunting is starting to become a big thing up here now, Lets see some pictures of your dog guns!!!

Here are mine, the first is a 870 Marine magnum with some goodies!!!
The second is my GF Tikka T3 .243win
The third is my Rem. 700 in .243win

Attachments

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kayak870 said:
Patty - nice shotgun! Looks like some of the "predators" around your ranch are from the movies!
Its mainly a bear tracking gun, but i use it for 'yotes when I'm in tight areas... And it will handle the Zombies too!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
My new predator gun. Model 700 tactical in .223 with Vortex 4-16x44 LR scope. Installed a Jewel trigger and can't wait to get out to shoot it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great coyote gun.
Not quite as fast as something like a 22-250 but I don't hunt wide open terrain and most of my shots are within 200yds anyway.
I shoot Federal Premium V-Shok with the 55gr ballistic tips.
No exit wounds and no coyote has ever taken a step after being hit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Even if legal for coyotes they are no advantage over something of similar calibre that does not create an exit wound
FMJ: Entry and exit wounds, little to no knockdown and potential tracking.
Ballistic Tips: Entry wound only, "bang flop"....no brainer.

·
Banned
216 Posts
I can see it for coyotes, but why shoot say prairie dogs, rabbits, or even foxes with $20 a box Ballistic Tip when you can shoot them with $ 6 FMJ's....if it's legal of course.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I shoot the 55gr Winchester Ballistic silvertips out of my .243... They are the same as the normal BT's but have Lubelox coating on them... If placed properly they do very little fur damage, but massive internal damage...

the .223 is a great coyote gun and one of the most fur friendly of all the "varmint" calibers...

FMJ are not ideal bullets for shooting anything but targets!!! Furthermore they have a tendancy to be hard on barrels...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts