Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out for the last 3 weekends, and seen a ton of deer in our spot, close to 60 a night, and many bucks, but have not yet seen any signs of Pre Rut. Anyone seen it happening yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah its a great spot, passed up a ton of does within 20 yards, hoping for the bucks to come into range, but nothing yet, 70 yards is the closest thus far. Come the 29th if nothing with bow yet, then wont be a problem.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Haven't seen any pre-rut sign either. No rubs, no scrapes. Even deer are somewhat scarce, unless you hunt over a good food source. October "lull"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I havent seen any signs of it either, but I saw another post on here from a guy who took a big buck that said it was following a doe in heat, so just wondered what everyone else was seeing out there. And yes that is the major reason we are intersecting them on the way to a Soybean field that was just cut 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oct 17 seen a beaut cross 44 nose to the ground chasing a doe. A few days before that found one, and only one scrape on my deer property.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from a Saturday Evening, Early Sunday morning hunt, Saw a ton of Rubs finally. They are starting now. Tons of deer in the area. plus minus 40 deer. Couple shooters, but both out of bow range.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not much happening in the way of rut action, still have bucks feeding with bucks and does, and that is all they doing feeding. Things should start to heat up with the cooler temps moving in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Well here a few of the bucks from one of my trail cams. Notice the swollen necks on 2 of them which shows me they are starting already for sure!!!! Missed the Long Tine 3 x 3 the other day :(. Oh well plenty of season yet. Hopefully the other cams have the same quality bucks on them! 180 acres of cams to check though, lol.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was out this past Sunday morning and did not see much of anything. I went for a bit of a walk around the property in the afternoon and did not see much for sign either. Nothing new for rubs or scraps. I am hoping that it is the mild weather that is the problem. A few weeks back I had been in the stand and a few does had wandered near me. (Mom and triples acctually) Had a little one at 10 yards but didn't feel that it was worth it. Weather seems to be cooling off this week, so.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts