Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some information on people or groups who train pointing dogs for upland and retrieving. I have a 5.5 month old GSP and will be running her in the NAVDHA test at the end of the summer. I would really like to find some people who are also training or would be willing to point me in the right direction.

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I train my own dogs and work with a few people here and there, I can certainly point you in the right direction if you need help.

I have some bobwhite quail and am setting up a pigeon coop close to the North perimeter. I can always use a second person to help and am willing to help others as well.

I'll send you a PM for my contact information if you want to chat.

Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tom, I live just south of teulon I would be willing to help you out as well and learn more too we have a 6 year old gsp and use her for upland.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
excellent.

I have a 6 year old English Setter who is steady to wing and shot and is forced fetched. I'd like to work on his water work and backing.

I also have a 2 year old English Setter that had no training until I got her a year ago so she's a bit slow. I'm force fetch training her now and next I'll whoa post train.

I'd like to get a coop going soon for some homers as I will have some very soon, and it can take some time for them to learn their surroundings.

You can email me at [email protected] or give me a shout at 204-470-7800 if you want to chat bird dog training.

Thanks,
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts