Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Mike great page. Thanks for the info. I found a manuakl for a S&W model 1000 shotgun that I have . it hasn't been made for years so it is a good thing to have

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to be of help. After all, that's what this forum is all about. Right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
sept61 said:
great link, found most of my guns except the Husqvarna
I remember Larry the guy that used run the Stonewall range saying that the husky rifles were made by another company. I remeber savage but that doen't make sense, some other european manufacturer?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awesome resource, but alas... No Cooey :(
They're not terribly hard guns to figure out but I'm always looking for manual to keep in the locker

·
Registered
13 Posts
greencube said:
sept61 said:
great link, found most of my guns except the Husqvarna
I remember Larry the guy that used run the Stonewall range saying that the husky rifles were made by another company. I remeber savage but that doen't make sense, some other european manufacturer?
I do believe the husquvarna is based on the Swedish Mauser not sure if there the same company, great rifle though.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
The other company that made the Swedish Mauser was Carl Gustav. Not sure if there was an affiliation with Husqvarna or not. Most were based on the 96 action which was not as strong (supposedly) as others that followed. I had one 6.5X55 that was a Husky 96. The reloading books show military and modern loadings depending on which action you have. Some of the later Husky's had more modern actions that were chambered in hotter calibers like the 30-06, etc. and would be capable of hotter 6.5 loads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts