Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much, if any, do you shoot during the off season, so as to keep your shooting skills honed?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I always intend to go shoot my bow every week but it never happens, I end up sighting in the week before opening day every year and calling it good

·
Banned
216 Posts
I used to shoot my bow almost everyday for years. Now I shoot a lot less, off season once twice a month as the hunting season gets closer start shooting more.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have 100 feet in my back yard so I get out and shoot the bow a couple times a week through the summer. I find it tought to shoot the high powers very often. I would like to get out monthly but that never happens. So I usually shoot the 7 mm once in the summer and once in September before the fall hunt. That is when we usually trim shooting lanes and get tree stands up and trail cameras positioned as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
I shoot regularly at the rifle range, twice a week on average. Once I get my loads worked up on three rifles I am going to concentrate a little more on some freehand shooting and shooting off sticks to replicate hunting. Doing that with pie plates at 100 and 200 yards hopefully should improve skills a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts