Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put out my new trail camera yesterday in one of my favorite spots. Hopefully it will be productive. It will be about 3 weeks before I can check it and then move it to another spot with great potential.

·
Banned
216 Posts
I wish I could leave them for 3 weeks, after a week I get antsy. That's why I only place them at the fringes, not to disturb the area too much.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I recently purchased a Moultrie GameSpy Digital Camera M100. Who has one and what is your opinion on them ?

I am very interested in how they operate below zero.

Thanks

bulldog 007

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first round was a bust. The camera was set as instructed but was way too sensitive. Over 6200 pics and dead batteries from three shot bursts on each trigger. NO DEER.
The next check had 18 pics with most of them of a doe and her two fawns of the year.
The next check last Thursday had 76 pictures with about 65 of them having deer in them. Looks like two different bucks at night. Not great pics at the limit of the camera's range but one looks like 5 points on one side. There are numerous pics of a doe with her triplets! I have seen at least 4 does now in the last week or so and all had twins and that last one with triplets. A lot of deer in the area. I will post a pic or two when I get a chance.

·
Banned
216 Posts
There is a spot in one of the places I hunt that regularly year after year is being torn up by huge scrapes....under the same tree.
Never got too excited because they are done overnight, but the other day nonetheless I re-covered the scrapes with the scraped out dead grass and leaves (with a stick) and hang one of my cameras close by to overlook the scrape. I return (to hunt) a few days later and I took the little detour to check the camera, the place was torn up again; I yank out the memory card slide it in my digital camera and it says "This file is empty" .....WTF, check the camera "Dead baterries" and shuts off. I didn't say nice words.
Went back to the truck got new batteries and did the whole thing again. :roll:

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know the feeling. I had the time get out somehow by about 12 hours which made it interesting to figure out precise times of day for the visits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts