Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, transplant from the West. I have quite a bit of fishing and some big game hunting experience with boar, moose, elk and bear. Hope to continue learning and be able to fill the freezer out here on the prairies.

Any advice on the best groups to join for advocacy and support of access / firearms rights would be appreciated. Also have several young hunters in the house so will likely join a rod / gun club for early shooters. Recommendations for north of the city would be appreciated.

All honey holes will be kept a secret so feel free to PM me!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Where in mb did you settle??

The CCFR seem to be doing all they can to fight the garbage happening these days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where in mb did you settle??

The CCFR seem to be doing all they can to fight the garbage happening these days.
We ended up north of Winnipeg next to Birds Hill.

CCFR looks like a good group - although they've been taking a lot of Ls in the courts at least they're trying.

·
Registered
130 Posts
We ended up north of Winnipeg next to Birds Hill.

CCFR looks like a good group - although they've been taking a lot of Ls in the courts at least they're trying.
Nice area. Have a friend and some relatives out that way. I would say Selkirk game and fish is the best bet for range, since your in that area.

Ya and Rod says he isn’t gonna hesitate to sue when being attacked, if they can afford it. Unfortunately it’s gonna take some offensive to try and maintain the things we enjoy.

Welcome to mb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to Manitoba, don't forget to sign up online for your hunting/fishing licenses; Hunting and Fishing Licences - Manitoba Licensing

Moose/Elk in MB is done on a draw, if you want to get in on it you will want to put your name in so you can at least advance in the priority level.
Thank you - curious on the Moose hunting, are all the regions are done on draw? Looking at the website I can't see anything for the North and East of the Pas and 17A and above? Are these also draw or permitted in August?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts