Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any tips for where to hunt and what to look for! Been goose hunting for years but going for deer for the first time this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Where do you live and how far are you willing to travel? But generally speaking in any area check some maps and find crown land, or spend a day driving around and knocking on doors in the area you want to hunt to get permission on private land. You will get a lot of no's but no doubt you'll get a few permissions or leads to neighbors or relatives to go ask. Then when you get permission make sure you thank the landowner at the end of the season and maybe get him a little gift.....it goes a long way in keeping permission year after year.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hopping on going out the Teulon way. My grandfather owned a farm out that way and I am fimiler with the roads out that way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When your asking for permision make sure to check if anyone else has permision on the land as well . I had a run in with another guy cuz we both had permision on the same land and werent aware of it. In the end we divided the land In half and hunted opposite sides. Once you got permision scout for well used trails , buck rubs , and this year look for water it's so dry everything will move between water , food , and bedding ground.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Check out the local R.M. office,They should have a map on the wall or have sales of a map.Any local WMA or community pastures,Gov't crown lands should be on the map.Or like clawj said start banging on doors,offer to help with some farm work in the off season(and do some scouting while your up there),or leave a gift as a token of your appreciation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts