Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:welcome: Please start a new thread and say hello. Let everyone know where you're from, and what you like to hunt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Thanks for the Welcome Mikeh...So far I dig this forum, good job guys!

I hunt deer in all 3 seasons, have gone for elk, bear, geese, ducks, grouse...still saving for my trip to South Africa to hunt Kudu, gemsbok, impala and a narly warthog.

Oh I should add that Red_River_Clay i felt is way more clever then my other alias of Reaper (Which I always wanted to change) so now I have that chance.

Cheers,
Clay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad you like this forum. We're going to do the best we can, to make it the best hunting forum around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to MHF. Glad you enjoy the pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Greetings everybody,

New guy signing in here. First post. I'm from Ontario and am planning on coming out to Manitoba in 2013 with a small group. We will have a Chessie a lab and my Brittany in tow and plan on sampling the great waterfowl and upland hunting you guys are famous for. Actually juat hunting somewhere new and different is worth the drive usually !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you joined us terrym. :welcome:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I'm a new member as well. I hunt mostly in and around the Interlake for ducks, geese and whitetails. Usually once a year make a trip to South Dakota for a week long pheasant hunt. Great hunt to give the labs a different work out. Love the site and usually check unread post once a day. Just got the trail cams up and starting to get the itch bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skinnflint said:
I'm a new member as well. I hunt mostly in and around the Interlake for ducks, geese and whitetails. Usually once a year make a trip to South Dakota for a week long pheasant hunt. Great hunt to give the labs a different work out. Love the site and usually check unread post once a day. Just got the trail cams up and starting to get the itch bad.
:welcome: Thanks for joining use. Looking forward to your posts and stories. Oh, by the way, :pictures:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Hello All,

I've only hunted deer in the Riding Mountain area (the home farm is 3 miles off the park line) when I was younger but now I've just gotten my PAL so I hope to be going out alot more. Looking forward to trying out waterfowling this year as soon as i can find a decent shotgun and get some practise in. Hope to find some good advice on here on how to go about things.

Happy Trails y'all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey MtnMan....welcome aboard. Glad u joined us. :welcome:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Hi, new to the forum. I am from Winnipeg. Deer and grouse hunter. Started out rifle hunting years ago and am now addicted to bow hunting. I took up the bow last year because my son said that he wanted to try it. So we headed off to Heights and got hooked. Took the archery class and purchased a couple of bows. Now my Daughter is interested in trying it as well. I don't think the rifle will see the light of day again. Bow hunting is such a rush. I have really begun to appreciate the animals that I hunt more than before. I find that with archery you really have to be patient. If the animal doesn't come in close enough for a good shot all you can do is sit and watch. I am now seeing and understanding the habits of the deer more than before, and I believe that it has made me a better hunter.
So I guess that you can teach an old dog new tricks after all!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,721 Posts
Gonzago1234, welcome to the forum :) . Love that avatar :lol: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gonzago1234 said:
Hi, new to the forum. I am from Winnipeg. Deer and grouse hunter. Started out rifle hunting years ago and am now addicted to bow hunting. I took up the bow last year because my son said that he wanted to try it. So we headed off to Heights and got hooked. Took the archery class and purchased a couple of bows. Now my Daughter is interested in trying it as well. I don't think the rifle will see the light of day again. Bow hunting is such a rush. I have really begun to appreciate the animals that I hunt more than before. I find that with archery you really have to be patient. If the animal doesn't come in close enough for a good shot all you can do is sit and watch. I am now seeing and understanding the habits of the deer more than before, and I believe that it has made me a better hunter.
So I guess that you can teach an old dog new tricks after all!
:welcome: :pictures:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Hey guys I came home from work to see a buck with 4 points on right side and a big drop tine on the left I didn't get a pic but I'm goons try to cause it was funny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
James said:
Hey guys I came home from work to see a buck with 4 points on right side and a big drop tine on the left I didn't get a pic but I'm goons try to cause it was funny
:welcome: Good luck with the photos.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top