Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ! :hiking:

I had my first hunting experience couple weeks ago and i decided to join this forum
too learn more about this wonderfull sport ! I am only hunting rabbit and little animal like that for now.
I used a *carabine de chasse* standard, nothing too powerful.(sorry i dont know the word in english)

Excep trying to hunt haha, i like to do extreme sport ( Nothing to do with hunting at all
lol) , skateboard,snowboard,wakeboard !

When i want to relaxe , i play poker www.camasino.com , i read book or i watch the tv !

I think that all for now, feel free to give me any tips about hunting (like what is the most exiting type of hunt or what equipment i really need , stuff like that) in MP or in this thread !

Cya later guys ! :archery: :moose:

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
:welcome: glad you decided to join us. You're always welcome at our :fire:

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Welcome to MHF. Hopefully soon youll get to experience hunting and taking a large animal. Its quite a thrill.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Welcome to the MHF. I am sure you will find loads of good info here over time.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
James: thanks for the kind words. I've been fortunate, indeed to have gone to, seen, and done what I have in the hunting world. I'm glad I did it before I got to old, because now I think most of my hunting is behind me: knees, ankles, and several other joints are in pretty bad shape...too many American Football Games, Rugby Matches, and 2 plane crashes have pretty well done me in. But, my mind is still young and sound (my wife would disagree), and I have my memories, photos, movies, and a lovely trophy room. I often relax in there, look at an animal on the wall, close my eyes, and see the hunt unfold in my minds eye. :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Tailhunter said:
Welcome to the site!
Riggs,2 plane crashes? Wow, that is some bad luck, I think I will stick to land and water!
Actually, I prefer to think of it as pretty good luck...shot down in VietNam back in 1970...crash landed...walked away from it with just a couple of bumps and bruises. Float plane crash on a caribou hunt in Quebec...walked away from that one too. I still fly, but have a tradition of having a good steak dinner with some really good wine, the night before a flight. Never know if it's going to be my last supper, so I make it a good one! :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts