Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows what the new cwd sampling areas will be? Seen news articles but nothing from Manitoba conservation yet…. Also anyone know when the new guide will be out? And when deer licenses will be available on elicencing for this season?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I wonder what the province has in mind to protect the integrity of the samples which are submitted in warm weather and or the early parts of the seasons.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You have to submit samples within 48 hours. Then it will be freezing most likely. What they are looking for is a protein.
In the past I have seen stinking Elk samples rotting at a collection site. I can just about imagine what this will turn out to be just by the number of numbers of samples expected. Alberta has a freezer system at drop off points for a reason. But then maybe Manitoba is smarter than Alberta.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Alberta system is very specific but does however provide the opportunity to submit any and all samples needed to test while still allowing keeping the skull intact for Euro mounts.
Hopefully Manitoba can duplicate this as Euro mounts on mule deer are impressive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts