Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the Manitoba Wildlife Federation mentored waterfowl women's hunt this past weekend and I must congratulate the MWF, the staff, and volunteers who put it on. Everything was well organized, people were so friendly, the presentation, facilities, and equipment was all fantastic. Although I've hunted waterfowl before i am mostly selft taught and thought it an excellent opportunity to learn and meet like-minded women. I succeded on both.
I encourage anyone who has friends and family interested in hunting to check out the mentored hunts in addition to the menotring you do yourself for these people. It really opens the hunting world up a little more and brings these people more into our global hunting community. Everyone was really open and welcoming and this might be less intimidating for some women than going with her partner and "the boys". We had two husband-wife teams who both had hunted some but took advantage of the opportunity to learn more together. They're talking about family menotred hunts and I think that is a great idea too.
The icing on the cake for me was shooting my first banded bird!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just going over the pictures from the hunt, I will be sending copies to Carly at MWF. Maybe she can pass on some of the photos as well as the picture I have of you with your first band! When you get the info back, I would love to hear of where it was banded etc..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, Chris. I will make sure to fill you in on the bird's particulars.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I never got the email from my call but I submitted online and got the info immediately. I'd recommend waiting to get home and going on line. I was so excited I called it in from the truck.
The bird was banded 3 mi E of Cuba, Illinois, on Jun 22, 2011 as a young pre-flying male goseling.
Cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts