Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My aunt just posted a picture on Facebook today of a moose she saw in the south east of the province, she said she hadn't seen one in 20 yrs. maybe making a bit of a comeback. It would be good to see.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Also got a picture of a little bull moose in the south east last year. Hadn't seen a moose out there in more than 10 years. When the snow was on the ground a couple weeks ago, we saw some fresh moose tracks as well.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife's grandpa use to hunt moose northeast of Richer, I wouldn't be shocked to hear of moose there either. He even made a reenactment movie of one hunt when they went back to get it, we watched it a couple years ago.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Chixfishing said:
I've seen moose in Sandilands.
Ditto, ive seen them there also in years past and in Agassiz both hwy 15 and 44. Also in the whiteshell but this all was 10-15 years ago. I haven't seen one since or even a track and i do a lot of wandering off the beaten path with the exception of a cow and calf track last year in the meditation lake area in whiteshell. I guess thats a good sign? But im sure the wolf packs have since gobbled them up. :|

·
Registered
208 Posts
my brother in law was goose hunting one of our fields and had a small bull walk through the decoys. We farm by Oak Bank. He has been around for a couple months but not sure how long now since the corn and sunflower are almost all gone. Not much cover unless he goes north to the park and safety.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Bowkill said:
my brother in law was goose hunting one of our fields and had a small bull walk through the decoys. We farm by Oak Bank. He has been around for a couple months but not sure how long now since the corn and sunflower are almost all gone. Not much cover unless he goes north to the park and safety.
When you say the park i guess you talking Birdshill?... That is indeed an interesting sighting. Another place i used to see some was between Scanterbury and the gull lake turn off up 59

·
Registered
611 Posts
yep.... been going to whiteshell all my life and seen the decline in the moose to what it is now.... last moose tracks i saw were on the ritchie lake portage 4 years ago.... and last year in meditation lake area. Some are still around but like you say.....never again in our lifetime... sad but true! :(

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I heard about that too, several people I know saw those two, I think my friends sister got a picture.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ihunttoomuch said:
yep.... been going to whiteshell all my life and seen the decline in the moose to what it is now.... last moose tracks i saw were on the ritchie lake portage 4 years ago.... and last year in meditation lake area. Some are still around but like you say.....never again in our lifetime... sad but true! :(
I saw some tracks not too far from their last year also. Looked liked a bigger moose and only one set.
Pretty close to where the Whiteshell River dumps into Heart Lake. Really surprised me when I came across that!

·
Registered
125 Posts
sled-in said:
I heard about that too, several people I know saw those two, I think my friends sister got a picture.

Little did I know but where we goose hunted, was 2 miles north of my buddies house and thats where we seen em, Ill try and get some pics. I know someone took some.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awesome moose in Landmark.
About 5 years ago, a cow got killed on the 1 by deacons corner.

Last year my mother in-law, saw a young bull & cow in the middle of a field close to sperling. She took pictures as well. Apparently they hung around Sanford for awhile.

G

·
Was informed of a moose crossing #12 highway north of beausejour last week, 3 days later the girlfriend is telling me that the cow was shot closer to the west side of mars. Reason she informed me was Facebook.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts