Manitoba Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Definitely time to set some mock scrapes. I found a real one a couple days ago, nothing too crazy but you could easily tell what it was. A buddy stopped by today and told me he watched a little fork horn put a good chase on a couple does in a field this morning.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Did a little scout yesterday, saw one tree with a rub, likely culprit was laying nearby, someone who makes #1 on my hit list for this year.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have set up mock scrapes, but have never shot a buck over one. They were getting visited and even tended to by other deer, but always at night. So I do think they can be effective, but I've yet to capitolize over one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
canadian-ice said:
I have set up mock scrapes, but have never shot a buck over one. They were getting visited and even tended to by other deer, but always at night. So I do think they can be effective, but I've yet to capitolize over one.
x2

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wanna40 said:
Definitely time to set some mock scrapes. I found a real one a couple days ago, nothing too crazy but you could easily tell what it was. A buddy stopped by today and told me he watched a little fork horn put a good chase on a couple does in a field this morning.
I was out on Saturday. I saw a fork buck chasing 4 does as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts