Manitoba Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys was out checking the trail cams the other day and came across some new fence and some signs saying no tresspassing by order of MND. Only thing I can think of is National defense as it is right by Shilo. Looking at the map, it doesnt' appear to be the actual range but part of spruce woods/crown land. At least my cams were outside the area. Got a few pics, camera was a little off so they are not the best. Saw lots of sign though. Also managed to pick up a nice ruffie so all in all a good day.

·
Registered
398 Posts
MND = Minister of National Defence. Spruce Woods Provincial Forest is in fact part of Shilo. It appears you were indeed getting close to the Shilo Range. I don't know exactly where you were, but CFB Shilo's boundary is basically is the Assinaboine River to the south, #5 Highway to the East, #340 to the west and the tracks south of #1 to the North. This is not the exact boundary but a general idea and a map from CFB should be looked at. It should be noted that boundaries can change.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My map is a year or 2 old so I will have to update I guess. By my map there are about 2 sections of crown around shilo in the area I was in. If they have moved the boundry that far it eliminates a lot of area that was available for hunting. Not sure if you can still get permission from them to hunt shilo anymore, will have to look into that.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
I don't know that Shilo/Spruce Woods area very well. As always please contact the NROs nearest to the area(s)for the correct answer. In this case the Carberry NROs will answer your question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.